cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 RUINED CREDIT FILE, BEEN BLOCKED FROM CONTRACTS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Today i tried to Pre-order the iphone 6 online and it kept crashing, so i then rang up upgrade department and firstly got refused " asking for more personal information such as passport driving licence number " then it came back declined so i asked for manager, it turned out the DOB was inputted wrong, once this was figured out i then passed the credit check and got accepted for the 6 on £48 a month plan, since it was refresh tariff he said i've got wait for an email and confirm the details online, at this point i never recieved the email so i then rang up o2 again and they processed the order again, once again got accepted straight away this time, and no email.

i wait over 3hours, then rang customer services back up, he stated due to his checks i processed 8 upgrade phones, and got accepted, so i've been blocked from taking any further contracts out, when i asked if he could provide proof he declined stating he can't see any emails sent out, so he then further rang up credit referals and asked them he came back and said i've been accepted for 2 contracts but can't find any proof where the emails went out so suggested i cannot do anything, i've been accepted for 2 contracts but not signed for anything and cannot take anymore out, so i am stuck with no contract, and bad credit history due to their system crashing.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous

Welcome to the Community.

For clarity your credit rating (with the likes of Experian et al) will NOT have been adversely affected. What has happened here is that o2 systems have CORRECTLY picked up multiple applications for phones. Quite rightly they have put a block on any more to prevent fraud.

How would you feel if it had been someone pretending to be you taking delivery next week of 8 super shiny iPhones all at your expense? Your credit rating will have been destroyed by that.

Your solution is to contact O2 Customer Services who will need to liaise with the Credit Referrals Team (this team is NOT customer facing and as such you will NOT be put through to them) so that they can arrange to cancel erroneous duplications caused by your repeated refreshing of the order screen so that only the correct order for your needs is showing.

For clarity this would have happened with every network had you done the dane and is user error. I appreciate you will likely feel aggrieved that you are unable to talk to Credit Referrals but that is the way it is and i am just trying to guide you to the correct solution.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else had any problems occur like this?

Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else had any problems occur like this?

No I haven't personally @Anonymous . If You can't get anywhere I suggest you complain to O2 using this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's not a ruined credit file at all, it's just that repeated credit checks in quick succession will flag on your file as potentially fraudulent and so will be blocked.....
After a few days it will all be back to normal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, you win the award for most over-dramaticized situation ever.

You've only been temporarily blocked as a fraud prevention mesaure. You probably triggered the additional checks by constantly refreshing the page, rather than following the clear instructions to call O2 if you wish to place an order. 

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It does seem to as a result of your own incorrect management of the application process I'm afraid.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I disagree with you here, how can it be down " to my own mangement " if the order was placed over the phone, and you're supposed recieve the email to confirm ( o2 refresh you have to do it that way ) and they're system kept crashing, no email recieved, how's that my fault?

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

From other people's posts it's evident the servers were in melt down hence the various crash logs people were experiencing.

No ones blaming you here. You've placed an order and expected an e mail as per the normal procedure.

Maybe if customer service outlined the possible issues with repeated credit checks you will have been more informed.

I'm sure it will clear for you soon so you can continue.

Good luck with your choice of phone. slight_smile
Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I disagree with you here, how can it be down " to my own mangement " if the order was placed over the phone, and you're supposed recieve the email to confirm ( o2 refresh you have to do it that way ) and they're system kept crashing, no email recieved, how's that my fault?

In your first post you clearly said you 'tried to order online'... and it kept crashing . When you rang you were told that 'you had attempted to order 8 times'... which is what obviously happened when you tried to refresh the screen...

That is the reason why there is a temporary default on your credit file...i.e.the 8 attempts at ordering (which is what it would have shown) Computer says no ...

Anyway...that is my understanding of it ...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
100% correct ^^^
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 13