cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2-De no internet connection in Germany

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've landed in Cologne this evening. Turned my iPhone 6S flight mode to off and waited for my trusty Internet to fire up. But nothing. Nada. Not a thing!!!

I can make and receive calls but can't connect to the Internet. Data roaming is on. EU Internet is off. The only way I can connect is to manually select Telekom.de which seems odd that I'm with O2 in the UK so would expect O2 in Germany to work.

Anyone else had this issue?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It may be that you have had to do a manual search for the network as you said. This is no problem. I go to Spain frequently and my usual network is Movistar. I still have to search. It doesn't connect automatically as quickly as I would like wink

You may find tomorrow you have another selection of networks to chose from..

Edited to add this. It shows O2-De is the most recent one https://www.justlanded.com/english/Germany/Germany-Guide/Telephone-Internet/Mobile-phones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It may be that you have had to do a manual search for the network as you said. This is no problem. I go to Spain frequently and my usual network is Movistar. I still have to search. It doesn't connect automatically as quickly as I would like wink

You may find tomorrow you have another selection of networks to chose from..

Edited to add this. It shows O2-De is the most recent one https://www.justlanded.com/english/Germany/Germany-Guide/Telephone-Internet/Mobile-phones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've had to connect to different networks at different times when abroad to maintain a connection.
Roaming can be hit and miss sometimes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2-de has always been the best for me in Germany. Mind you that's around the Berlin area. To be honest, in all the years I've been going there, different phones have always latched onto it automatically. As long as you are able to select an alternate network manually for data then it's more a case of annoyance than a problem. 

Message 4 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Anonymous Try turning of 4G in the settings and letting your phone roam on 3G and 2G only,

When I was last in Germany I got no Data while on o2-de 2G but was fine on 3G. I got internet on other networks fine as well.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 5