cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not got any service since changing sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I have just finished paying for my handset I have changed to a new sim and 4G. Since doing so last night, my phone is showing 'no service'. Does anyone know how long this this will last for before I have full use of my phone again ? I have tried speaking to O2 Guru and although after 9am there are none available to chat. Mary
Message 1 of 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
As I have just finished paying for my handset I have changed to a new sim and 4G. Since doing so last night, my phone is showing 'no service'. Does anyone know how long this this will last for before I have full use of my phone again ? I have tried speaking to O2 Guru and although after 9am there are none available to chat. Mary

Hi @Anonymous 

Silly question I know...but have you turned the phone off and back on again since inserting your new sim. This should activate the service for you..?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous 

Silly question I know...but have you turned the phone off and back on again since inserting your new sim. This should activate the service for you..?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has service stopped on your original SIM card yet ?
Message 3 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a silly question at all ... I had not done this, so will do so now and let you know - Thanks...
Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just taken your advice and now have service - Thank you. Do you happen to know how long it will take to change from 3G to 4G ?
Message 5 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure but think not. Once I restarted phone, it showed 3G initially then just O2-UK in top LHS of screen...
Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have 4g in your area , check by http://status.o2.co.uk ,and do you have it turned on in your phones settings, if your phone is 4g compliant.
Message 7 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes and Yes...
Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your phone is 4g compliant, and your new tariff includes 4g data, then the change will have been immediate.

So as long as you have 4g in your area it should connect straight away.

The 4g network is growing so if you don't have it now, o2 are committed to providing service to 98% of the population by 2017.
Message 9 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
In your iPhones settings.

Settings, Mobile/Cellular , if enable 4G turned on then as you say your in a 4g area it should come on , but perhaps give it a short while to settle after the sim swap.

Also check your carrier file is up to date via http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201270

Message 10 of 33