O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 2: Apprentice
ClareBH
Accepted Solution

Not Receiving Picture Messages / MMS on iPhone 5

Hi, I've just got an iPhone 5 but I can't receive picture messages on it, I get a link to a website with a password to access the picture.  I've had help from the live chat and have changed the MMS proxy settings, and shutdown and re-started my phone, but it's still not working.  Any suggestions?:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 139
Solutions: 1,692

n?Re: Not Receiving Picture Messages / MMS on iPhone 5

Do you have an iphone data bolt on or a standard data bolt on?

Chat | Contact | O2 Status | Lengthen RingTime | O2 Travel | O2 Help Guides | Complaint | Unlock Phone

I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

Please use plain text.
version7point0
Kudos: 148
Solutions: 171

Re: Not Receiving Picture Messages / MMS on iPhone 5

If you are being directed to the web site it will more than likely mean you are not set up for MMS on O2's side, either it simply is not on there, or the network has become out of sync with what you should have.

Call customer services, tell them that your settings are correct on your device and that you would like them to remove and re-add MMS.

This should take no more than 24 hours and you should be all ready to go.

FYI - MMS is quite a dated service, try sending pictures as email attachments so the recipient gets a much better picture quality.
I do work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Telefónica

Nexus 5 | BlackBerry Z10 | Lumia 820 | Xperia T | iPhone 5 | Galaxy S3 | iPhone 4S | Sensation XE | Xperia Neo | Torch 9800
Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 180
Solutions: 2,365

or use "whatsapp"
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM Three UK / giffgaff
HTC One O2 4G Unlimited
Samsung ATIV s EE 4G
Please use plain text.
version7point0
Kudos: 148
Solutions: 171

MI5 wrote:
or use "whatsapp"

I was worried about getting my P45 in the post if I was recommending non-O2 services :smileytongue:

I do work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Telefónica

Nexus 5 | BlackBerry Z10 | Lumia 820 | Xperia T | iPhone 5 | Galaxy S3 | iPhone 4S | Sensation XE | Xperia Neo | Torch 9800
Please use plain text.
ClareBH

Re: n?Re: Not Receiving Picture Messages / MMS on iPhone 5

Jonsie, I have the iPhone data bolt-on.

I had O2 set up MMS a couple of weeks ago and can send them fine, it's just receiving them that's the issue, and the senders are on MMS rather than iPhone / apps.

Please use plain text.
ClareBH

Oh, just found out I can't send them, despite having phoned up O2 previously to ask them to set it up.  Will check with them again.

Please use plain text.
ClareBH

Spoke to a very helpful lady at O2.  They're going to reset my MMS settings overnight.  Fingers crossed!

Please use plain text.