cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Picture Messages / MMS on iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've just got an iPhone 5 but I can't receive picture messages on it, I get a link to a website with a password to access the picture.  I've had help from the live chat and have changed the MMS proxy settings, and shutdown and re-started my phone, but it's still not working.  Any suggestions?Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to a very helpful lady at O2.  They're going to reset my MMS settings overnight.  Fingers crossed!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions
Message 2 of 8

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
If you are being directed to the web site it will more than likely mean you are not set up for MMS on O2's side, either it simply is not on there, or the network has become out of sync with what you should have.

Call customer services, tell them that your settings are correct on your device and that you would like them to remove and re-add MMS.

This should take no more than 24 hours and you should be all ready to go.

FYI - MMS is quite a dated service, try sending pictures as email attachments so the recipient gets a much better picture quality.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143188 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
or use "whatsapp"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
or use "whatsapp"

I was worried about getting my P45 in the post if I was recommending non-O2 services tongue

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie, I have the iPhone data bolt-on.

I had O2 set up MMS a couple of weeks ago and can send them fine, it's just receiving them that's the issue, and the senders are on MMS rather than iPhone / apps.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, just found out I can't send them, despite having phoned up O2 previously to ask them to set it up.  Will check with them again.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to a very helpful lady at O2.  They're going to reset my MMS settings overnight.  Fingers crossed!

Message 8 of 8