cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service for 3 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in lewisham, my iphone has been "no service" for 3 days already. It happend one time last year but just lasting for a few hours. Even when I went to central london yesterday, it was still "no service"... What should I do?

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the community.

Please check your signal status at status.o2.co.uk enter in your postcode and see if there is a local mast in your area that is not working.

If a mast is down the o2 will be aware of it and working on it but o2 do not give estimated timescales for repair.

Alternatively change your phone settings to pick up 2g gsm only so you can text and call.

If none of the above apply then you will need to call o2 customer services on 202 where you can get a signal and ask them to check the network.

Please let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check here first http://status.o2.co.uk/ via your full postcode.

Your area is showing as good.

Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

have you checked if there is a mast near you?

http://status.o2.co.uk/

also, can you check your sim in a different phone to see if your phone/or sim is faulty?

Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the community.

Please check your signal status at status.o2.co.uk enter in your postcode and see if there is a local mast in your area that is not working.

If a mast is down the o2 will be aware of it and working on it but o2 do not give estimated timescales for repair.

Alternatively change your phone settings to pick up 2g gsm only so you can text and call.

If none of the above apply then you will need to call o2 customer services on 202 where you can get a signal and ask them to check the network.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also try a reset by holding down the sleep/wake key and the home button until the apple logo appears failing that I would try cleaning the sim if that doesn't work I would get a new sim

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
If it's no signal everywhere it would be a phone or sim fault.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying me. I insert the card into another iphone5s, after a few seconds searching it works fine!  But it goes "no service" again when I put it back to mine.......

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
How long have you had your phone and where did you purchase it from?
Message 9 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Definitely a phone fault.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 22