cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service

Anonymous
Not applicable
since the 48 hours since I went through an online upgrade process - which is due to start in a day or so I have had zero network coverage. Not s shred of it. I can only contact people by Internet which I'd hard when I'm not hone. Any ideas
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

What phone have you got? 

Have you checked your mast status.http://status.o2.co.uk/

If that seems ok......then check this link here for settings for all types of phones connecting to O2

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#o2%20Android%20APN%20MMS%20mobile%20internet%20s...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Can you give us a bit more information about the "Online upgrade process"?

Do you mean u ordered a new upgrade or have you done anything else? Like a sim swap? Or transfer from pay and go to contract? Whatever it was 48h with no coverage is not normal, you should ring customer services...

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you do a sim swap online using sim swap form?
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sounds like new phones sim card may have been activated ready for use when the new phone and sim arrives with you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Not with "zero network coverage".....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Which would point to the sim being disconnected already. Strange as o2 have a policy not to send out live sims. I'm more interested in how the op 'upgraded'

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yeah, it is strange and might just be a coincidence that signal was lost straight after upgrading.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right @jonsie, if the Op upgraded online,if he required a new sim, it would have been sent a blank Sim card, that the customer must activate ,if they want to use it.

This is something else, but I guess we will never know, by the looks of it...

Message 10 of 11