cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network, no connection - iPhone6s/IOS10/Vietnam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Community, 

I am on a pay-monthly contract with O2, and have been forever.

My previous iPhones have automatically found a local carrier when abroad, as also did my iPhone 6sPlus a fortnight ago when in Canada.

I have since 'upgraded' to IOS10, which connected fine in the UK last week.

However I have now arrived in Vietnam and the phone appears to not see any network carrier at all, which means no contact via my O2 SIM - which as I said normally works fine...

So here's the thing:

I need to do some business here which will mean my bank will send me a text to verifiy a large transaction, but of course I have a 'comatosed phone' so that isn't going to work.

HELP!

Is there a Setting I need to adjust to open up the Vietnamese cellular phone network?

Or perhaps another fix I can employ?

Thanks in anticipation of your input!!

Alan 

PS I HAVE WORKED IT OUT...

Settings/Carriers - Automatic OFF = bingo!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the forum wink

What a great post...you describe your problem and then come back to edit ... to state you have it working now....Well done you. Smiley Very Happy

Hope all continues to go well. If not there's usually someone around to help...(but probably not at 03.00 :smileywink:)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good morning @vietnam to coin a phrase. Glad you got it sorted and could well be a help to others slight_smile

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well done.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4