cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cellular data since ios7 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I downloaded ios7 on my iPhone 5 I have not been able to access the internet at all when I am away from a wifi connection. Even when my phone says I have a 3G connection and I try to access my emails or anything on the internet- it says no internet connection. Before the update it worked fine. Any suggestions as to how this can be fixed? Thanks
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I do not see how ios7 release changes a data bolton on o2 systems. It would have affected everybody.

It just resets the apn to the default on the iPhone to idata.o2.co.uk as in my link above.

If it is account related changing to the non iphone bolton apn will allow access without a 2 day wait.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Update. Was able to reach customer service through 802802 chat. Apparently the update changes the necessary iphone data bolt on. Only o2 can change that back - will take till midnight. That is 2 full days, no internet.

Have you tried to reboot the phone and see if it works now ?

Changing the APNs should get you back online as a temporary fix until the bolt on is changed.

Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thank you for all your replies. Taking the SIM card out and putting it back in didn't work, all the APN settings are correct and turning airplane mode on and off also didn't work. Last option is to ring O2....
Message 13 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, thank you for all your replies. Taking the SIM card out and putting it back in didn't work, all the APN settings are correct and turning airplane mode on and off also didn't work. Last option is to ring O2....

Did you try resetting your network settings ?

Good luck with Customer Services.

Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's magically gone back on today - thanks for all your help
Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It's magically gone back on today - thanks for all your help

You're very welcome.

At least you can get back to enjoying your phone and network services now.

Message 16 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the same with my iphone 4.

I have NO 3G !!!

1st call to Customer services told me to call apple.

Apple tell me nothing of any use (remove sim & clean & turn airport mode on & off.....neither was a cure )

Chat wasted 2 hrs of my life. 

I have reset network settings, rebooted,rebooted in recovery to try and re instal ios6 (not possible).

2nd call to Customer services told me to change the Cellular data APN to mobile.o2.co.uk

3rd call to Customer services told me to change the Cellular data APN to idata.o2.co.uk.

The only thing that is clear is that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON !!!!!

Message 17 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the same with my iphone 4.

I have NO 3G !!!

1st call to Customer services told me to call apple.

Apple tell me nothing of any use (remove sim & clean & turn airport mode on & off.....neither was a cure )

Chat wasted 2 hrs of my life. 

I have reset network settings, rebooted,rebooted in recovery to try and re instal ios6 (not possible).

2nd call to Customer services told me to change the Cellular data APN to mobile.o2.co.uk

3rd call to Customer services told me to change the Cellular data APN to idata.o2.co.uk.

The only thing that is clear is that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON !!!!!

Message 18 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi skipppartington and Welcome to the forum,

I assume the Service status is showing full service for your postcode.

Is it only at home or everywhere that you cannot attain 3G ?

Is your iphone unlocked ?

If so try another networks sim card.

If you turn off 3g does 2g work ok.

It was not long after iOS7 was released that Apple stopped signing off iOS6.

Im appreciate you may have done most of this already.

Message 19 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi bandofbrothers,
Status is good in the area.
The phone is not jailbroken.
3G symbol is sometimes visible in the top left of the screen next to the o2signal strength indicator, but when I try to connect a dialogue box opens stating' Could not activate cellular network you are not subscribed to a cellular data service'.
At other times the text iGPRS replaces 3G in the corner..I can't connect to the internet away from wifi when it's says either. Who knows, feels like all areas are 'passing the book'
Message 20 of 33