cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Visual Voicemail since getting iPhone 6 Plus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Previous to me getting my 6 Plus I had VVM.

I’ve tried dialling 1750 to turn on voicemail but all I hear is 3 beeps and no recorded announcement. The same happens when I dial 1760.

I’ve tried reseting network settings, but that made no difference.

I was wondering if anyone else is having issue with VVM since getting the iPhone 6, or could suggest something else to try to get VVM working.

Thanks in advance slight_smile

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try Settings - general -reset -reset network settings.

Other avenues possibly are to see an O2 guru in your o2 HighStreet store. Make an appointment here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/guru

Vvm is for contract customers only

Im not sure if customer service on the phone could help.

A similar thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/No-Visual-Voicemail-since-getting-iPhone-...
Message 41 of 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Contact CS and ask them to reset your voicemail account to see if it helps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried resetting network settings etc and it got better, I sent myself voicemail messages and today the messages appeared 3 mintues after I left them.  But later on today I tried again and the same thing, no VVM comes up.

If I dial 901 the messages are there.

Will call CS today to see if they can reset the voicemail settings.

Thanks for your replies.

Message 43 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Guys I am having this problem with VVM since upgrading to an iPhone 6.

My problem is that my VVM only appears on my iPhone 24 hours after someone has left me a message.

I have reset all settings on my iPhone, turned voicemail on and off. Hard reset iPhone etc.

Any ideas?

Not sure if this will apply to you. But do you have the TuGo app installed on another device?

I had a weird voicemail issue a while back, and TuGo was the cause.

Here's is the link to the solution to my voicemail problem (but it might not be the cause of yours, just thought I would make you aware of it in case your issue is TuGo related) 

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Weird-diverting-to-voicemail-issue/m-p/765529/highlight/true#M127645

Message 44 of 54

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tugo app installed on my phone but never used it! I've just deleted it lol
Message 46 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have tugo app installed on my phone but never used it! I've just deleted it lol

When I was having my weird voicemail issue. I contacted customer service, but they were unable to remove the TuGo service on my account (this was even with me deleting the TuGo app before I called CS).

The customer service advisor asked me to do the following:

'I needed to reinstall the app, sign in with the password I'd previously used, telephone number.

Once installed I needed to go to Settings (in the Tu Go app) and chose remove account (or words to that affect)'

After that all was working as it should.

I just thought I would mention this, in case you needed to do the same to solve your problem.

It might be worth trying the above, and see if it solves your issue, might save you needing to call CS.

Message 47 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok after testing I've just figured this out.

When my cellular data is switched on now my VVM works right away I get my VM. Now when I turn cellular data off and have wifi on or off I do not get any VVM. Hmm... Is that right then if cellular data is off I will not get any VVMs?
Message 48 of 54

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, it is required for vvm to work.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 49 of 54

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions