cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service.

Anonymous
Not applicable
From about 5pm today I have had no service instead of signal on my iPhone 5s 02 PAYG phone. Done all resets including restoring in iTunes removed sim etc. still no service. I am in Liverpool city centre. Anyone else having problems today!?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I mentioned how findmyiphone works because you mentioned in your post "But I thought if it was blocked I would not be able to restore in iTunes which iv done."

Any iPhone can be restored as long as one knows the Apple ID password or the findmyiphone feature has been disabled , blocked to a network or not.
Message 21 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey. Turns out it was blocked, was reported stolen by the network a month after I bought it in store. Grainger games were great though an have give me a like for like A1 condition replacement. Hopefully this one isn't stolen!?
Message 22 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Paul.

I thought it was worth mentioning a possibility of the handset being blocked earlier in my reply to you.

We see this happen occasionally.

😞
Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to see more clamping down on things like this happening, I wonder if the stores have a process to escalate to the insurance companies?
Message 25 of 32

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@wanty the stores that buy them off the crooks need to report all cases of this to the police as fraud after this happens

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 26 of 32

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd like to see more clamping down on things like this happening, I wonder if the stores have a process to escalate to the insurance companies?

As it is fraud, I would hope the stores inform the Police.....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 32

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Seeing as the store has lost out here, it is to be hoped they persue this with the insurance company and the fraudster gets caught.

Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
It happens all too often so it make me wonder what happens after the store have reported it.
Message 29 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest this is why I wouldn't buy a half decent handset via EBay either. It is a common scam. Have the handset. Sell it on eBay. A month later report as stolen. Claim the insurance. Network blocks handset. Unsuspecting purchaser can't use phone. Claims back via paypal. Paypal insurers lose out. WE ALL PAY FOR IT
Message 30 of 32