cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service.

Anonymous
Not applicable
From about 5pm today I have had no service instead of signal on my iPhone 5s 02 PAYG phone. Done all resets including restoring in iTunes removed sim etc. still no service. I am in Liverpool city centre. Anyone else having problems today!?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im hoping its not been blocked 😞
Message 11 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
A strong possibility.

Maybe checking with one of the online checkers will highlight if it is.

Checkmend for example.
Message 13 of 32

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
"Usually" you still get a data connection if handset is blocked. It's just the calling facility that gets cut off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll be fine if it has as I haven't had it long and store does cover you for that. But I thought if it was blocked I would not be able to restore in iTunes which iv done. I did consider this myself earlier having worked in phone retail previously. Would it say no service if blocked? When I go in settings general network it now says phone not allowed which is making me think it may be a delayed block 🙈
Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there anywhere I can check for free. Check mend seems to charge.
Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume findmyiphone was de activated allowing you to enter your own Apple ID which would allow a restore.

I believe checkMEND is £1.99 but if you google their are I think free alternatives.
Message 17 of 32

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there anywhere I can check for free. Check mend seems to charge.

If you can contact CS they will check it for you free.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried imei detective but no results found. I'll take it back the store tomo. I'll pop an update on when I find out the issue. Probably have to swap the phone. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. And yes when I reset the phone earlier in iTunes it told me to disable find my phone. I can log into find my phone through my icloud account but will that tell me if there's a problem with the phone I don't understand the relevance of findmyiphone?
Message 20 of 32