cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G, no internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks.  New to O2 five weeks ago, on a SIM-only tariff with 500MB data.  Early on, I switched off mobile data to save the allowance.  I switched it back on after a couple of weeks and found I had no internet connection, and also no 4G signal.  I tried an O2 pay as you go SIM in the same phone and got 4G and internet straightaway, so it's not the phone.  I went to the O2 shop, who swapped my old SIM for a new one - still no 4G or internet.  They told me it was 'a problem with my account' to give it 24 hours - still no luck.  I called Customer Services twice today, both times I was told they would reset the account, and that I should try resetting network settings via the phone - still no luck.

I'm finding that O2 are geared towards kicking the can down the road rather than finding a resolution.  Can anyone suggest what the problem might be and what I can do?  Thanks in anticipation.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you have reset your network settings it must be an account issue.
Most common problem is that they put you on a Blackberry tariff by mistake so call CS again and ask them to check.
Tell them to press save at the bottom of the page too after changing your tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

What apn settings are in use ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous The settings for Pay & Go and contract sims are different. Try texting ACTIVE to 2020 with your Pay Monthly sim in and save the settings and see if that works.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you have reset your network settings it must be an account issue.
Most common problem is that they put you on a Blackberry tariff by mistake so call CS again and ask them to check.
Tell them to press save at the bottom of the page too after changing your tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice Bambino.  The response says they can't deal with my request for settings and asks me to contact CS, which is what I'm now doing, again.

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice MI5.  Tried CS twice just now, automated message first says the wait is more than 15 minutes, and then says 'we're closed right now' and disconnects me.  Looks like I'll be trying again tomorrow.

Message 6 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Best time to try to call for the shortest wait time is between 8 and 8:30 am, if you can. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They should be open until 9.00pm unless they are running different hours for the BH although it's not stated on the website.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks @Bambino, @MI5, @adamtemp64, great to have such quick and helpful replies.  I'll try CS in the morning, and let you know how I get on.  Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday!  slight_smile

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You too mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16