cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G coverage ever!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I own an iPhone 5c White with an O2 4G contract (phone came with the contract). My iPhone is 4G compatible and I have had numerous 4G SIM cards provided by O2 but still never had any 4G!

I have been told by an O2 Guru in my local branch that this is the first time he's seen this as my phone is up to date with all the correct 4G settings, even he has told me to contact O2 to get compensation.

I work all over the UK and friends with the same O2 contract get 4G coverage in areas whilst I'm with them and I still don't! I have been into branch 3 times, used the help chat twice and have even rang them directly but every single time they just offer a sim swap which never works!!

Yes my phone is 4G ready
Yes I have a 4G sim
Yes I have data allowance to use
Yes the areas I'm in are 4G covered
Yes all of my settings are correct
No I have never ever received 4G coverage on my "4G contract"

Please help as I am fed up of explaining this to O2 branch members and on the live chat as their only suggestion of "I can't understand why it doesn't work let's do a sim swap" does not work!
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I just pressed Kudo next to your name MI5, didn't mean to! Not sure what it is

Don't worry - Nothing bad will happen slight_smile

It does sound like you need to get an appointment booked at your local Apple store to get your phone checked out though.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Have you tried your SIM card in another 4g compatible phone to see if you get 4g speeds.

Apple can run a diagnostic if you have an Apple Store local via http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

I'm not sure about compensation as I assume you get 3G so can use your data allowance.
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Most strange but as you've tried all the obvious things I can only guess it's an account issue.
Has CS gone through all your account settings in detail at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, my 4G sim worked in my friends iPhone 5s Gold when we were on the train to Birmingham, he received 4G coverage. After switching back into my phone nothing! I'm not wanting to get compensation at all just some 4G haha! Thanks though
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they check all my settings, O2 assistant removed all settings and re-entered but still nothing, I even went home plugged my iPhone into iTunes and updated the carrier settings went back to the store but still nothing! Thanks though
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, my 4G sim worked in my friends iPhone 5s Gold when we were on the train to Birmingham, he received 4G coverage. After switching back into my phone nothing! I'm not wanting to get compensation at all just some 4G haha! Thanks though

With that test, logic tells me that your phone is faulty in some way.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't worry - Nothing bad will happen slight_smile

It does sound like you need to get an appointment booked at your local Apple store to get your phone checked out though.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Link to book an appointment with Apple here http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
So by process of elimination as I suggested it could be the iPhone. If you do have an Apple Store local then do use the link I added or contact them and ask if you can use any procedure to send it back to them via courier.

It's suggested not to use o2's own repair service. Other posts on the forum suggest why.
Message 10 of 10