cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G with the iPhone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi I've just upgraded to the iPhone 6 and don't have any 3G, the 3G symbol is on the phone but it keeps saying I have no internet connection, can anyone help?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
hi I've just upgraded to the iPhone 6 and don't have any 3G, the 3G symbol is on the phone but it keeps saying I have no internet connection, can anyone help?

Check your apn.

If it's "iData.o2.co.uk" try changing it to "mobile.o2.co.uk" and vice versa.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Occasionally turning the phone off , clean the SIM card and battery pull (phone model dependant) and turn the phone back on clears lots of glitches.

Try a reset of your iPhone by ;

Holding the Top Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

Try settings , general , reset , reset network settings.

Check your masts too http://status.o2.co.uk

Edit : if you've just sim swapped it can take a few hours for everything to settle too.
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you got the latest iOS 8.02 update on it...? It was meant to fix 3G connectivity issues..

A quick google search brought this up..

.http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ios-8-0-2-bug-fix-update-released-fix-3g-connectivity-touch-id-issues-full-changelog-1467260

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 'very' latest is ios 8.1 Cleoriff which as you rightly state they should be on the latest available.

Edit : Didn't want to come across as condescending to Cleoriff.
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just a quick google search brought that up for me... I was pleased to find it as it related to the OPs specific issue....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
And you are quite correct. 😄
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Check your apn.

If it's "iData.o2.co.uk" try changing it to "mobile.o2.co.uk" and vice versa.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your replies, I now have the internet, greatly appreciated! 😃
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's a pleasure.
If you had to change to "mobile.o2.co.uk" this would indicate that you don't have iData set on your account.
If so, call CS on 202 and ask them to switch you to iData, then 24 hours later, switch your apn back to iData.
If you are now on iData, you're all set slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9