cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone and 3g not working (iphone 4s)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a new iphone 4s and my 3g has not worked since I got it.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Are you on an iphone specific tariff. Most likely it's the incorrect APN settings. Check your tariff in My O2.

APNs should be idata.o2.co.uk for iphone tariff and mobile.o2.co.uk for non specific tariff. Customer service can change your tariff for you.

It may help cleaning the sim card and checking for local mast problems here:O2 Status

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Are you on an iphone specific tariff. Most likely it's the incorrect APN settings. Check your tariff in My O2.

APNs should be idata.o2.co.uk for iphone tariff and mobile.o2.co.uk for non specific tariff. Customer service can change your tariff for you.

It may help cleaning the sim card and checking for local mast problems here:O2 Status

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. went to live caht help and someone said they would provide me with an iPhone tariff rather than a normal phone. he said it should be working by 12am. I just needed to turn my phone off and on and should work. It has been 4 days and still no 3G or any internet coverage. Calling and Messaging is fine.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Firstly check in your "My O2" and make sure in your bolt ons section it references "data for iPhone", if so, go into your network settings and check your apn is the same as this:
APN - idata.o2.co.uk (PAYG - payandgo.o2.co.uk)
Username - vertigo (PAYG - payandgo)
Password - password
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4