cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Data Bolt on still showing as Pending

Anonymous
Not applicable

On calling 02 yesterday I had run out of data allowance so agreed to pay an extra £5 per month to double it to 2gb, not had any 3g since, on checking my account it is showing as pending, how long does it take to go on as I have no wifi at work and need my 3g !!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Normally the system updates at midnight but O2 have had big problems today. If it's not active by morning call customer service or perhaps try live chat.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Normally the system updates at midnight but O2 have had big problems today. If it's not active by morning call customer service or perhaps try live chat.

Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Noticed on other threads @jonsie that people trying to manage accounts online or awaiting changes to tariffs etc today.... are still having problems

This O2 downtime seems to have had a major impact on many aspects of their service slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you asked to double it each month then it won't normally take effect until your billing date unless you specifically ask them to start it the same day
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Shelleybum and Welcome to the Community Forum,

Has your Bolt On kicked in this morning ?

If not then do please speak to Customer Services.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I would definitely call 202 and get them to check, but as said, if it is a regular tariff addition it doesn't usually start until the next billing period unless specifically asked for an early start.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your suggestions, still not working, on hold for ever with CS, had to hang up in the end as at work, now my account doesnt even show it as pending, its totally gone, so I still have no coverage. I didnt realise if you reached your limit it switched off, I thought it kept going but you got charged for it ?

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
O2 never charge for going over data.
It used to slow down.... really slow.... but now it just stops.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
No only if One is on Payg are you charged for continuing to use data which is £1 per day for 50mb called Web Daily unless you turn off Mobile Data in the phones settings and use wifi.
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Yes unfortunately you need to contact customer service. Did you try the live chat option?

Message 10 of 13