O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
Damo

NO EARLY UPGRADES ALLOWED

Hey guys, as anyone seen o2s twitter, the only option for exsisting 3g owners is to pay off the contract, and start a new one, oh well it was hardly a surprise, i had a feeling thats what would be happening.
Please use plain text.
craig_mcnaught

looking at the figures i wouldn't be fussed the 'features' of the new phone dont really do anything for me its just an upgraded spec rushed out as competition for the palm pre
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
kelvyn

I pretty gutted i must admit, had my iphone just over 2 weeks. I asked the guy in the shop is there a new one out soon, he siad defo not, proably wont hit the uk for at least 6 months gauranted.
Hey presto today new iphone 3gs

o2 have an email in there inbox, they have some explaining to do :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad:
Please use plain text.
Level 12: Nimble
ippyboi

Re: NO EARLY UPGRADES ALLOWED

Hey guys, as anyone seen o2s twitter, the only option for exsisting 3g owners is to pay off the contract, and start a new one, oh well it was hardly a surprise, i had a feeling thats what would be happening.

I do not mean to be rude... BUT.....

o2 Twitter is not run by o2 but by a third party. The info on twitter may not be correct.... so please wait before posting. Until it is on o2.co.uk its not set in stone!
Please use plain text.
craig_mcnaught

o2 Twitter is not run by o2 but by a third party. The info on twitter may not be correct.... so please wait before posting. Until it is on o2.co.uk its not set in stone!

not to be rude either but they seem bob on with everything they are saying and they seem legit to be o2 on twitter so i would take it as given
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
epicurus

AT&T are doing early upgrades in the US.. you never know O2 might
Please use plain text.
ippyboi

not to be rude either but they seem bob on with everything they are saying and they seem legit to be o2 on twitter so i would take it as given

O2 have people who run areas such as this, but they are not always keept in the loop with the latest info in regards to new launches. The info they give about basic info is in the o2 system but as the sytem has not been upated yet how can they give this info.

I am not saying they are not giving correct info out about general o2 issues but in regards to the iphone... it is not upto date...

No point putting no upgrades they have not said this on the o2.co.uk website.
Please use plain text.
aprilshack

I take it by the time my contract ends in feb i should be able to upgrade for free to the iphone 3gs? I don't really fancy having to pay for it...
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
camperdown9

Hi

I got my iPhone 3G on launch day so have six months to go before I can have a regular upgrade. I was thinking that I would of paid the remainder of my contract of early so that I could upgrade to the new phone.

However if I want a 32GB its looks like I will not get much change out of £400, not sure that its worth it.:robotsad:

Might just have to make do with 3.0 and hold out until December.

Alex
iPhone 4s black 16gb (O2), iPhone 4s white 16gb (Vodafone)
Please use plain text.
ippyboi

I take it by the time my contract ends in feb i should be able to upgrade for free to the iphone 3gs? I don't really fancy having to pay for it...

At this time, no one knows... Keep ya eyes on the website... but you should have some sort of deal to keep you with o2
Please use plain text.