cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iPad Air Review.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My iPad Air Review.

Recently I purchased the iPad Mini Retina and posted a review about this awesome machine.

I have to report that due to my partner absolutely loving it along with the Rayman Game I downloaded, I’ve decided to pass this onto her as its Mothers Day tomorrow.  heart

However I do plan ahead and handing this over left a gap for a tablet I need so today I visited the Apple Store, and opted for the iPad Air 16GB WiFi Space Grey version.

Bouncy

In my previous iPad Mini - Retina review I did rule out the iPad Air as I originally wanted a portable tablet. 

However after looking at this again I have amended my thoughts on this and indeed now believe its portable enough. {Yes I talked myself into it  Whistle  }     

Again I looked at all the various blogs, You Tube and review sites just to remind myself about this tablet.

As with the iPad Mini - Retina the iPad Air’s Retina text and icons has the same sharpness.

So onwards to my iPad Air Review.

iPadAir-1.jpg

Specs can be found here : https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-air/specs/

As with the iPad Mini Retina the Air fired up fast and all my settings and content quickly uploaded from iCloud and Dropbox.

Again I have to repeat myself and say the Air exudes High quality construction and has a very sleek design.

The battery usage on this device is impressive to say the least and matches the iPad Mini - Retina’s specs.

Under its hood also matches the iPad Mini's although the pixel density is better due to the smaller screen, although in everyday use one would not be able to tell.

The larger screen size of 9.7”  (diagonal) does help with my tired old eyes !  

LOL

The speakers are loud and audible alerts are clear.

It also has precision machined volume and mute buttons and power button that don't feel loose, and bring up the premium feel to the tablet.

Personally I use this tablet for surfing , watching movie trailers and have a few albums in the music app. I have 19 apps , no pics or videos yet although most of that data is saved in dropbox.

Out of the available 12.80GB of available onboard storage after the iOS I currently have 10.60GB left.

If your a gamer and or want to keep lots of music  and apps etc then I would suggest you choose either the 32GB, 64GB or 128GB to suit your needs and pocket as you cannot expand using a SD card and you may find yourself micro managing the data.

The Good.

Light.

Good Battery usage / standby times.

Still small enough to be portable. {honest}

Amazing Retina Screen.

Speedy Performance.

High quality construction.

The Not so Good.

Price.

Lacks Touch i.d.

Lacks SD Slot.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

While using my iPad at home I thought a nice little stand would be nice ,so the iPad can rest on my lap stopping any strain that could be caused by holding it all the time.

After looking on Amazon / e bay etc I hit the high-street shops, and boy can these be expensive and varied.

I had to nip into my local £1 shop and lo and behold their it was.

The perfect for my needs stand for £1.

It is metal coated in black plastic which is rubbery to the touch.

Two adjustments cogs on the side allow any angle of viewing that suits you.

Happy days.

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update ;

Well it's been approx a couple of months using my iPad Air ,and my initial impressions are still the same.

I now use this as my go to idevice when at home.

It's just so much more convenient than booting up the MacBook Air even though in fairness it's lightening quick too.

It's taken over from my MacBook Air, which is now used for downloading content and when I need to use the 'Rich Editor' on the O2 forum.
Message 12 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for the update BoB slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 13