cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My IPhone is trying to find my email and has been searching all night. How do I get it to stop?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What does this mean?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the forum.

Not really sure whether you mean the iphone is searching and not finding emails....?

I don't have an iphone but wonder if turning your phone off and back on again may solve this issue as it sounds as if it could just be stuck in a searching loop. Rebooting any phone solves many issues of this sort (so I have been reliably told in the past wink )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try holding the top button and the home button down until the Apple logo appears then let go, the phone will then soft reset. You won't lose any data.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not totally sure what you mean, but, if the Mail app is unresponsive or appears to not be doing anything. You could try closing the Mail app and then reopen it to see if it works ok with you email after that.

To do this:

1: Double press the Home button.

2: Next you will see a list of recently used apps. Scroll left, right till you see the Mail app in the center of the screen.

3: Next, flick up on the Mail app, and this will close it.

4: Now try using the Mail app again and see if the problem is still present.

If you had entered any details wrong while setting up your email account (i.e. wrong username, password etc) you would have got a popup on your screen saying words to that affect. I presume you haven't had any such popup appearing Cathyosul?

Welcome to the Communtiy Cathyosul slight_smile

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could also depend on your Fetch/Push settings and how often you have it set to fetch new messages?
Depending on the Email client, it sometimes maybe better to use their own App if available.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could just use your email through your internet browser on your iPhone
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried deleting the email from your phone then setting the email up again
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous was any of the advice useful? Let us know slight_smile
Message 8 of 8