cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple iPhones showing no service status

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Can anyone help with an issue I'm having with iPhones?

I'm constantly getting a random "no service" status showing on my handset. I currently own an iPhone 6s Plus.

This has happened to my previous handsets.

I had an iPhone 5 and had no issues.

Purchased an iPhone 5s: random no service.

Switched for iPhone 6: random no service.

Switched for iPhone 6s: random no service.

Switched for iPhone 6 Plus: random no service, worse than before. No service showing every few minutes, all day, everyday.

Switched for iPhone 6s Plus: same as 6 plus.

I've carried out troubleshooting steps such as:

5 sim swaps, iPhone reboot, airplane mode, reset network settings, switched off 4g.

These steps have been carried out so many times I've lost count.

This issue is driving me crazy and I'm starting to consider switching to another brand of handset.

Any suggestions on what is causing this?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

To be happening on so many handsets it has to be a network issue. Have you checked the coverage in your area? Anyone else in your area you know that is having the same issue? Have you tried your sim in another type of handset?

http://status.o2.co.uk

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

To be happening on so many handsets it has to be a network issue. Have you checked the coverage in your area? Anyone else in your area you know that is having the same issue? Have you tried your sim in another type of handset?

http://status.o2.co.uk

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not the handsets if you've had the same problem on multiple ones

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Instead of swapping handset I would seriously think of swapping networks to one that gives you a constant signal. Try a few payg sims from other networks in your phone and go for the best one, It isn't a handset problem...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Certainly sounds like a network issue but try your sim in an android phone or windows phone as well.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Faulty sim maybe

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the comments. I'll carry out some more troubleshooting options. If no service still shows then I'll switch networks.
Message 7 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear you're not getting a good signal and thanks for letting us know here! Let us know how you get on with your troubleshooting.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

im having the same with my 6s too.. had it a year now it keeps going to no status intermittently!.. spoke to s guru who said some of my settings were switched off and they apparently switched them back on.. how that happened ill never know.. and i was promised all would be ok in 24 hrs.... not!..then told to go to o2 store for new sim.. and still having the same problem.. annoyed coz i call o2 nd the wait is 35 miutes!

Message 9 of 9