O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
misterk1973

Lifestyle Services Group Ltd Claim

Hi all,
I lost my iPhone 3g 8GB last week, and have put in a claim through LGS (they did my mobile phone insurance via Barclays). Does anyone know what chance I have of getting a replacement phone given how old the 3G 8gb is? Any experiences shared would be great.
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 953
Solutions: 1,018

Re: Lifestyle Services Group Ltd Claim

what is the wording of your policy regarding replacement
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
misterk1973

"a replacement handset", on the claim form they give you an option to select another manufacturer if they cannot source your handset(though HTC isn't listed as would be happy with a Desire as a replacement (I did say that on the claim form)). It doesn't specify new for old.
Please use plain text.
Level 12: Nimble
ancientferguson

Hi all,
I lost my iPhone 3g 8GB last week, and have put in a claim through LGS (they did my mobile phone insurance via Barclays). Does anyone know what chance I have of getting a replacement phone given how old the 3G 8gb is? Any experiences shared would be great.

They also do refurbs as well as new. Don't get your hopes up.

Let us know the result.
From Superuser to Steward in one fell swoop. That's progress! :-)
Please use plain text.
misterk1973

Yeah I read somewhere about that. In all fairness my contract ends next August so wouldn't be too bothered with a refurb. I've worked in the mobile phone industry in the past and the vast majority of refurbs are in excellent condition. What I dont want is to wait weeks and weeks for "stock". Will keep you posted on the outcome
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
fourqtwo

My son has the Barclays insurance, when he had to claim they sent him a cheque less the excess.
It is important, when your technical equipment is not the best, to believe there will always be a better race; that is a part of my motivation. Ayrton Senna
fourqtwo (formerly cis01 until username became 'inactive')
Please use plain text.
misterk1973

Thanks fourqtwo. That's what I'm hoping will happen. What I need to know also is whats the current price they are paying for a 8GB 3g iPhone at the moment? That would be useful info.
Please use plain text.
ancientferguson

Thanks fourqtwo. That's what I'm hoping will happen. What I need to know also is whats the current price they are paying for a 8GB 3g iPhone at the moment? That would be useful info.

About £3.75. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
misterk1973

Spoke to LSG today just chasing claim devs. They have my form and proof of purcase and are "processing" the claim. They say they have 1-5 days to source a replacement handset of the same make model etc. After which they will call to discuss an alternative settlement. They use the online price as a value to settle any claim, and according to o2 customer services thats currently £389.... Will keep you posted on further devs as they happen :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
ancientferguson

Spoke to LSG today just chasing claim devs. They have my form and proof of purcase and are "processing" the claim. They say they have 1-5 days to source a replacement handset of the same make model etc. After which they will call to discuss an alternative settlement. They use the online price as a value to settle any claim, and according to o2 customer services thats currently £389.... Will keep you posted on further devs as they happen :smileyhappy:

Sounds positive, keep us updated.

af
Please use plain text.