cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leased 5s crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an iPhone 5s on a business lease. I tried updating the phone to ios8 yesterday with no luck due to error 4013 from iTunes. I read a guide in here that said a full restore from dfu mode should solve the issue and after trying that method an failing again with error 4013 my iPhone will now only boot to the screen which say "please connect to iTunes" I have tried different USB ports, a different cable and a friends PC an all result in error 4013. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thought it might be as I had to repair one with a similar problem.
It required a completely fresh install of iTunes on a different PC to resolve it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How much space was on the phone - was it nearly full?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I don't think it was far off full actually now you mention it. If this is the issue how would I erase without being able to boot up?
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thought it might be as I had to repair one with a similar problem.
It required a completely fresh install of iTunes on a different PC to resolve it.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thank you I'll try this tomorrow an post my results.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck - If it helps, I did mine on a Win7 laptop.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

Try : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808 which is Revovery Mode.

Updating the iPhone via over the air to iOS 8 meant it needed a large chunk of available memory (5GB) ,although this should not produced the symptoms your getting now.

You may need to book the iphone in at an Apple Genius Bar via appointment -> http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ if all else fails.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 7