Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Very Quiet!

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just checking - is this board still working as there has been no activity for over a week?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@PiedPiper wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

It aint quiet here I can assure you. Dont worry, September will be manic in the UK.....

Manic - not me

Ever since I realised that my desire to be the first to get the new phone was bonkers. I've done the queueing in the rain at 3am bit, or ordering online and going nuts wondering if it will arrive, and when. So two years ago I left it until November and then walked into the local Apple store and just bought one. No stress, no hassle - highly recommended. Also the 'law of diminishing returns' means there will be very little to get excited about, so I will be very relaxed 🙂

What a brilliant philosophical response @PiedPiper. Well done for beating the addiction/compulsion...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@PiedPiper wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

It aint quiet here I can assure you. Dont worry, September will be manic in the UK.....

Manic - not me

Ever since I realised that my desire to be the first to get the new phone was bonkers. I've done the queueing in the rain at 3am bit, or ordering online and going nuts wondering if it will arrive, and when. So two years ago I left it until November and then walked into the local Apple store and just bought one. No stress, no hassle - highly recommended. Also the 'law of diminishing returns' means there will be very little to get excited about, so I will be very relaxed 🙂

What a brilliant philosophical response @PiedPiper. Well done for beating the addiction/compulsion...LOL

Your attitude is exactly as it should be @PiedPiper and very much better for your health. I usually take a break from the forum when the iPhone launch comes along. The absurdity of the hype that is generated at the launch is one that's always puzzled me. I have never been able to understand the desire to be the first to have a new phone when tens of thousands will have exactly the same within days or weeks. The forum also gets inundated with loads of threads asking the same questions because the frenzy prevents people from looking to see if the question has already been asked. Madness.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Well not long to wait now....

What a very refreshing attitude @PiedPiper, wait until the frenzy is over then just walk in and out with your new phone. Hero

Message 13 of 17

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
ill be getting some try the tech reviews up over the next couple of days slight_smile
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 14 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
ill be getting some try the tech reviews up over the next couple of days slight_smile

Can't wait to read them @Curr946 slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 17

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@PiedPiper wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Manic - not me

Bits in Bold - Yep, I do the same EVERY year!!!!! WHY?????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Rolleys Bang

Message 16 of 17

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@DinoF wrote:

@PiedPiper wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Manic - not me

Bits in Bold - Yep, I do the same EVERY year!!!!! WHY?????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Rolleys Bang

I've done it for games a few times, so I do understand why people do it. I've seen some great queue parties online too; Barbecues, raves, stand-up, you name it grin

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 17