Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6+ instore preorder- help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
on ‎15-09-2014 17:39

Hi. I'd appreciate any help
I preordered my iphone 6+ instore on Friday, I was informed delivery would be 7th October. I received a text confirming these details. Today I decided to call 02 to see if this was defiantly the delivery date and they seem to have no record of my order. They asked me for an order number but I have nothing on my receipt and I haven't received an email just a text with a ref... I'm now slightly worried my order seems to have gotten lost.... Should I be worried???

Someone on chat told me to cancel the order I have already done instore and order again... I'm not keen on this as obviously this means my delivery will be even later.

If this does get resolved does what does anyone think of my chances of receiving my phone before the 7th oct??

Thxs.
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wait til Friday and the long list of posts where the delivery agents have failed to deliver on time or if there are stock shortages which we know there will be.

My favourite time of year on this forum, O2 promise the earth & then once again fail to deliver - O2 never learn or do themselves any favours with keeping customers happy.

Been the same ever I Phone launch that I can remember on here.

Message 11 of 62

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

The circus is about to come to town. Popcorn

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 62

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just the one text......

tbh, it's not looking good.

Try CS again to see if they can track anything against your phone number or your registered address.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
They've told me to go into store and ask for a order number. Tbh I think it's ridiculous that everything seems to be on different systems and CS can't trace it. Ahhhh.
Message 14 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah as I thought you may have to 😞
Message 15 of 62

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Just having the one text was a giveaway. I don't think your deposit was correctly processed. Has it left your bank account at all as you can maybe use that as proof and O2 may be able to track the transaction number....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 62

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When things go wrong with O2 there never seems an easy fix. It's up to the store to sought this out for you.

Message 17 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just spoke to my bank apparently they can see it in the system and it's being processed... Not sure this is good or bad....
Message 18 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
All points to the positive. slight_smile
Message 19 of 62

TweetThanh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just to clarify things the 6plus was never destined for in store pre-order hence 7th of October only online was thus available. This goes for the vast majority of the store apart from high revenue churning grade 1 stores like Oxford St or Westfield etc so it sounds about right as to when you should be receiving it. This was circulated to all stores across London at the very least and this information should have been passed on to the customers. I ordered mine online (after the website stop crashing around 2pm) and it said I should expect mine on Friday however if tradition is to be kept I won't get it till the Monday. Partly due to o2 partly due to yodel the courier who every year seems to fail to achieve what it should. If you are getting it sent to store you have a better chance of getting it when you are supposed to however expect that due date to be correct. If you want it on the day best bet is apple but that would mean forking out the lump sum which ironically works out cheaper even when taken with apples finance program. Good luck to everyone who has pre ordered. Be thankful this is phones 4u. Their orders are being cancelled if it hasn't already dispatched which none is.
Message 20 of 62