cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 Unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I know there have been a lot of previous posts about iPhone 6 unlocking.

Here is my case, I bought iphone 6 on a 24 months O2 contract from carphone warehouse 9 months ago.

I now have to travel outside the country for 9-10 months.

I have offered O2 to pay my contract in advance, Which a lot more than phone's worth. However the response i get from CS is they cannot unlock iphone 6 until I am 12 months into contract. Which sounds ridiculous after I have offered to pay everything upfront.

Please guide me if there is a way out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

AG

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, I linked one earlier in the thread
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a grey area, if it's done via CS or online it will be declined.

Having said that @Anonymous just had a word with High level complaints  and If you are willing to pay your remaning contract in full they can do it for you slight_smile

Just make sure you explain the situation and mention that you are ok with paying the rest of the contract and they will help you out slight_smile

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Message 22 of 55

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

People have successfully unlocked when the phone is paid off no matter where it was bought. Never easy but they have to do it.

Message 23 of 55

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Having said that @Anonymous just had a word with High level complaints  and If you are willing to pay your remaning contract in full they can do it for you slight_smile

Which is exactly what we've been saying all through this thread.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 55

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a last comment to, yet again, the unlocking matter: this is not the same thing that is on that thread....

There is a difference in a phone being purchase as unlocked and a phone purchased with a contract that is suppose to be active for 24 months.

The correct procedure is wait the 12 months ( fair or unfair, it all depends how you look at it), so customer services is right to say no, they are just following the correct procedure. High level complaints Also doesn't have to do it, because those were the terms that the OP accepted, yet they choose to because they understand the situation. Every situation/circumstances is different.

Message 26 of 55

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is no difference.
A phone purchased as "unlocked" won't need unlocking.
Any phone bought from anywhere has to be unlocked if it is fully paid for.
The 12 month rule only applies to phones that are still running in contract.
It's not the right thing to do to add confusion to what is a very clear process.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I thought it was relatively clear beforehand. I have to say I am now totally confused. I wont be facetious and say well it doesn't need much to confuse me..... because it isnt that at all.

It's conflicting advice that confuses me....and... I would guess anyone else Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 55

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Simple, no conflict at all. A fully paid device and O2 legally have to unlock whatever the t&c's say.

Message 29 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Simple, no conflict at all. A fully paid device and O2 legally have to unlock whatever the t&c's say.

Which is what I thought...but hey ho...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 55