cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 - IOS 8.02 You are not subscribed to a cellular data service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I upgraded to an Iphone 6 last week and have IOS 8.02 but when using Safari I cannot access any internet sites, I am still getting the message that I'm not subscribed to a cellular data service even though I have upgraded the IOS after Apple released a supposed fix for this issue. I have made sure that cellular data is on and it's on for safari, 4G is on (though have tried reverting to GPRS/3G without success). I can access the web whilst connected to wifi.

Is anyone else having this issue? Am I going to need to get a new sim or at worst send the phone back?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice everyone.

I contacted 02 and they suggested that I had a data bolt on but not an iphone data bolt on - I assume that this must relate specifically to 4g as this is the 3rd iphone I've owned with data.

They have done a flip for me but apparently doesn't activate til midnight (maybe they run a batch slight_smile ) so hopefully that will fix it. I'll wait til I get confirmation before closing this subject down.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Have a look in your My o2 and see if your bolt on is for iPhone data.
If not call o2 and have them change it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try setting->general->reset->reset network settings

And or hold the sleep/wake button and home button until the Apple logo appears and let go. It will reset.

Ensure you have no carrier updates http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1970

Can you try your sim in another phone as a process of elimination.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've already tried resetting the network settings, but haven't tried sim in another phone - simple idea that I should have thought of slight_smile

Will update as soon as tested

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, tried sim in my iphone 5 and getting the same issue so I'll give 02 a call. My data bolt on/allowance is active so it looks like it's the sim. 

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
But does it say iPhone data?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, tried sim in my iphone 5 and getting the same issue so I'll give 02 a call. My data bolt on/allowance is active so it looks like it's the sim. 

Hopefully it's just a setting O2 Customer Services need to flip.  

However ,If it is the sim then you can ask for one to be posted to you and perform the swapmysim here or pop into an O2 High-Street Store and they'll perform the swap for you. Let them know it's a Contract your in as blank SIM cards are account type specific.

It takes from a few minutes to approximately 24 hours to fully settle. Turning airplane mode on and off will help the re connection. 

Let us know how you get on.

I assume the iPhone 5 is still on iOS 7 when you tried your SIM card in it ,and recieved the same outcome. 

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice everyone.

I contacted 02 and they suggested that I had a data bolt on but not an iphone data bolt on - I assume that this must relate specifically to 4g as this is the 3rd iphone I've owned with data.

They have done a flip for me but apparently doesn't activate til midnight (maybe they run a batch slight_smile ) so hopefully that will fix it. I'll wait til I get confirmation before closing this subject down.

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The system updates at midnight and should sort it for you. Let us know how you get on.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Thought so - I did ask the question twice....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10