cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s keep connecting to GPRS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am on my second iphone 5s in a week . The first one keeps losing 3G signal and changing to GPRS , which means if I'm out and about I cannot connect to internet or check e mails etc . I have spoken to customer services and changed a few thins , I went into O2 shop and they check SIM card and that was ok . I have received new phone today and it is only doing same thing so it can't be the handset this time . Has anyone any ideas ? Does O2 need to send settings to my phone !!!??? I have been with orange for years and never had a problem or on my iPhone 4S !
Message 1 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It would be good to hear from other members if it has improved the 4G/3G signal switching to GPRS.

I have not noticed any improvement since updating to IOS 7.0.5

Message 31 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Doesn't work all the time but it definitely switches to GPRS less than it used to..

I have very good 3G at home and in the area, which is good but obviously there is an issue affecting 5s users.

I do have some blackspots in my area, which is generally when i'm commuting to work and flicks to gprs or edge until i'm past that spot, but I can say generally my iPhone 5s on 7.0.4, stays mainly on 4G.

Message 32 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

I go to Dunstable a lot and always had either E or GPRS showing but since the update it's showing 3G most of the time. I am not saying that the update did the trick, but something has helped and I hope it will improve even more soon.

Message 33 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I go to Dunstable a lot and always had either E or GPRS showing but since the update it's showing 3G most of the time. I am not saying that the update did the trick, but something has helped and I hope it will improve even more soon.

End result is a good one.

More stable surfing.

Wait until you get 4G !

Awesome.

Message 34 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not expecting 4G for a long while yet but would be nice.

My contract ends end of 2015 and IF 4G will be available by then, I might get either Pay as you go sim or one sim only deal as can't be asked with 2 year contracts anymore...

And if the signal/service improves, I might stay with O2 wink

Message 35 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adrianna,

I hope things play out Ok for you regarding O2's Network Future.

Back on Topic.

Lets hope the iOS 7.0.5 has a positive effect for those affected.

Message 36 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Please let us know the outcome of your appointment.

And........ Good luck.

slight_frown the outcome I feared - phone hardware diagnostics checked out fine, next step try O2 tech support; couldn't face that ordeal today

Message 37 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Please let us know the outcome of your appointment.

And........ Good luck.

slight_frown the outcome I feared - phone hardware diagnostics checked out fine, next step try O2 tech support; couldn't face that ordeal today

Crazy

Oh heck.

I was hoping that would have resolved the ongoing issue !!

Message 38 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
The best of luck trying to get somewhere with customer services. Let us know how many times your put on hold and the number of people/departments you speak to. On a slightly positive note, I changed my carrier settings at the weekend from automatic to O2. I have noticed that GPRS does appears less frequently. Coincidence possibly.
Message 39 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had an online Guru chat - said there is a problem with the sim - a new sim card is on its way. If it works then Usman is my new best friend LOL

Message 40 of 134