cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s keep connecting to GPRS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am on my second iphone 5s in a week . The first one keeps losing 3G signal and changing to GPRS , which means if I'm out and about I cannot connect to internet or check e mails etc . I have spoken to customer services and changed a few thins , I went into O2 shop and they check SIM card and that was ok . I have received new phone today and it is only doing same thing so it can't be the handset this time . Has anyone any ideas ? Does O2 need to send settings to my phone !!!??? I have been with orange for years and never had a problem or on my iPhone 4S !
Message 1 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Anonymous
Not applicable
No not really 😞
Message 111 of 134

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I'm still stuck on EE for my work sim and calls are always dropping all over the country. Data is good though !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 112 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have yet to request a sim swap (very limited personal time) but my 3G/GPRS issues have disapperaed due to 4G becoming available in Belfast all of a sudden. I guess it doesnt solve everyones problems but with me only dropping from 3G in Belfast and it seemingly working everywhere else I think I can live with 4G in its place Smiley Very Happy

Message 113 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I've now got my PAC, via live chat. Surprisingly easy - obviously he asked why, and when I said I wasn't happy with the 3G network, that I'd had a sim-swap and my iphone checked out twice at the Apple store and concluded that the network was not up to the job, he offered no further resistance; texted my PAC immediately.

I tried to test out EE but could not get registered to myEE on the website - the verification email never arrived (after many attempts). If that's their level of competence.....

So it's off to Three for a year. Hopefully if O2 keep their promises regarding network improvements I'll be back; might even keep a cheap O2 payg for backup.

I'll keep checking back on the forum here, keep up to date with all the gossip. I actually like O2 as an organization, and been with them since the Cellnet days back in 1991

Message 114 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a shame you felt the need to make this move.

Please do keep active here.

Take care. slight_smile
Message 115 of 134

MI5
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Don't blame you mate.
My back up Three sim gets more use than my O2 contract due to poor data transmission and I'm hanging on for the improvements to come online too as my contract is cheap enough to just leave ticking over for now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 116 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone from O2 actually see any of this. It would be good to get a little assurance or feedback regarding these issues we suffer.
Message 117 of 134

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Some O2 staff may well see the community on an official basis. They won't respond on here though the admin staff may well refer concerns through official channels.

Message 118 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

please reset your network settings, it worked for me!

Message 119 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
The same thing is happening to me - it's getting very frustrating.
Message 120 of 134