cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s crashed when downloaded iOS9

Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP - my iphone 5s has completely crashed after downloading iOS9. I have re-booted several times but can't get past a couple of setup steps, then the screen goes blank apart for a message at the bottom, telling me to "slide to update", but it won't slide at all no matter what I try. I've tried restoring it in iTunes but that doesn't work as I keep being asked to "respond from my phone", which I'm unable to do. 

Any suggestions - please?

tallen

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

DFU mode and connect to iTunes.

Entering DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
Turn off the device.
Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And then you may want to roll back to iOS 8 until the issues are resolved..:smileywink:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-downgrade-from-ios-9-ios-8-reinstall-ios-8-uninst...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the informative article, Cleoriff, but unfortunately as mentioned in my post, I'm unable to carry out any of the instructions on the phone, despite re-booting on several occasions I cannot get the phone to respond.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You don't need to do anything to get into DFU mode - just press the buttons.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

as @MI5 says, plug the phone into the PC and hold both power and home button until the iTunes and power lead show up on the phones screen. iTunes will then prompt you to restore as a new phone

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, let us know if you entered DFU mode and if that solved your issue or if you need further help

Message 8 of 8