cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 "Waiting for activation" driving me crazy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok this is complicated (or not) my daughter got an Iphone 6 so she gave me her iphone 5 (she is paymonthly) I am pay as you go - i transfered my number over from my sim i had in my glalaxy 3 to the a nano sim and put the nano sim in the iphone - here in lies the problem - I can face time, i can accept calls, i can text my hubby (who is an iphone user) I can text my daughter (Iphone 6 user) I cant text my son he has a samsung 6 - but I can recevie texts - i have tried every possible scenario, spoke to O2 via chat, they said take it to the shop, phoned the shop they told me to change the message centre number, reset the whole phone back to factory settings, followed every possible website/google instruction i could find - it still wont work.

The imessage under settings says waiting on activation, NOW here is the funny thing I took the sim out and put it back in my old Samsung 3 to see if i could just revert back to using my samsung and same problem now with the samsung cant send messages at all to anyone iphone user or not!!! any advice folks... its driving me mad i have spent hours trying to find the cause... thanks

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Is it working now?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks i did all that - when i turn on imessage and Face time again it says an error occured during actvation - Try again - thats what i keep getting all the time - i will leave it over night and see if it works - btw i can imessage via my apple mac too - i have it synced to it - but i dont think that is got anything to do with me not being able to text to androids from my iphone.  I will get back to you tomorrw and let you know if anything has changed. slight_smile 😞

Message 12 of 22

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If it's just androids have you got credit or text allowance as it will send as SMS, not an I message?
Try the turn off I message/face time and reboot phone again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi thanks for your help i did all that already and still not joy - I am taking it to o2 shop today to see if they can help - I will keep you updated.

Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Do let us know as it's quite baffling!

Currently using:
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok will do its a strange one - especially since when i put hte sim back in my samsung it wont send texts to ANYONE ie Iphone or android.. 

Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That is probably because your number is now registered on Apples servers - easily fixed tho if necessary.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI I am back and just thought i would share what the problem was - i worked it out - the message centre number was wrong it was still on contract - pay monthly instead of PAYG so i changed it by doing this:

Go to keypad and dial *5005*7672*+447802092035#

Hope this helps anyone with an iphone who cant send regular messages.

Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you got a PAYG sim as this should get picked up automatically by the phone?

Currently using:
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to transfer my number to a nano sim to fit the iphone - maybe the sim my daughter gave me was a contract sim

Message 20 of 22