cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 "Waiting for activation" driving me crazy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok this is complicated (or not) my daughter got an Iphone 6 so she gave me her iphone 5 (she is paymonthly) I am pay as you go - i transfered my number over from my sim i had in my glalaxy 3 to the a nano sim and put the nano sim in the iphone - here in lies the problem - I can face time, i can accept calls, i can text my hubby (who is an iphone user) I can text my daughter (Iphone 6 user) I cant text my son he has a samsung 6 - but I can recevie texts - i have tried every possible scenario, spoke to O2 via chat, they said take it to the shop, phoned the shop they told me to change the message centre number, reset the whole phone back to factory settings, followed every possible website/google instruction i could find - it still wont work.

The imessage under settings says waiting on activation, NOW here is the funny thing I took the sim out and put it back in my old Samsung 3 to see if i could just revert back to using my samsung and same problem now with the samsung cant send messages at all to anyone iphone user or not!!! any advice folks... its driving me mad i have spent hours trying to find the cause... thanks

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Have you got the iData bolt on?

Check the APN..It should be payandgo.o2.co.uk

I would hope that someone with an iPhone could confirm this....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Go to settings >Phone >My Number and see if it is correct. If not edit it, then turn off iMessage and turn off phone.
Restart phone and turn iMessage back on and see if it activates.
Also, if that doesn't work, sign out of Tugo and try again, even if this means having to reinstall Tugo if you have previously deleted it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks - the APN is reading as idata.o2.co.uk - not sure what the idata bolt on is- sorry

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes the number is correct and I dont have a tugo app on my iphone.

Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Have you ever used Tugo in the past?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to set up Tugo and it said "sorry your account type is not curretly supported by Tugo".  I think i might just have to go back to my reliable samsung as i am finding the whole iphone thing extremely complicated...

Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

no i havent and i cant get it see my previous reply just now.

Message 8 of 22

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Just try changing your apn to this:
APN - payandgo.o2.co.uk
Username - payandgo
Password - password

Restart your phone after saving these settings and try to activate iMessage again.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks i just googled and changed the APN to payasyougo.

Message 10 of 22