O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
overkill_uk

Iphone 5 No Service

[ Edited ]

I know this might sound silly as o2 servers might be abit busy today, but still after 3hrs im getting "no service" on iphone 5... anyone else getting this or have i done something wrong lol

Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Liquid

Re: Iphone 5 No Service

Has the sim swap gone through ok?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
YoungGun

Did the sim swap via the SMS option and my iPhone 5 was connected to O2 within about 10 minutes.
Please use plain text.
overkill_uk

the tec at o2 did that when i got the phone but still nothing yet :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
tonypreece

Mine is working fine, but I activated a nano sim a couple of days ago so I didn't have to wait for it today. If you've just swapped I expect you might have to wait a few hours as O2's sim swapping system will be very busy today.

Also, have you completed the swap my sim form on O2's website? http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Please use plain text.
Liquid

Hmm either it's all overloaded or the tec screwed up. See if your old sim works still if it does then the sim swap has failed.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
angry_with_o2

Claims it should take less than an hour but may take up to 24 hours durring busy periods (like this). Mine hasn't happened yet (also 3 hours) but I know its in process as I had a call from the Directors Office earlier applogising and getting more info about my issues with O2 recently and he confirmed that he could see the swap in the system.

Please use plain text.
DAW
Level 12: Nimble
DAW

I sim-swapped last night and had a signal this morning, was on line all the time I was queueing.  As I am at work I haven't yet set the iPhone 5 up so am still using my iPhone 4 but since I got to the office I have had no service whatsoever.  Other O2 users here are okay (I'm the only one here who has upgraded).  I can't make or take calls and have had to get permission to use work PC to post on here.

Anyone else affected like this?

Please use plain text.
overkill_uk

Just gone through the swap my sim process and getting "we're already doing a sim swap for your mobile phone number." so i guess i just have to wait lol. thanks for replys :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Liquid

Keep us updated:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.