O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 2: Apprentice
Beattie1974
Accepted Solution

Iphone 4s on contract, updated to ISO6 and now no 3g signal at all, just get E ..please help!!

Please please can someone help me, I updated my Iphone 4s last night, and it is now on ISO6,  now I can get no 3G at all, I get E most of the time, I have tried everything, I have reset the settings, I have tried airplane mode off and on, I have changed the settings and re-entered them, Idata etc.. and nothing seems to work at all, I have searched google etc and can not find any help that i havent already tried, O2 live chat is not available and Please can anyone suggest any fixes ( before I throw the phone out of the window!)) 

Please use plain text.
bandofbrothers
Topics: 735
Solutions: 1,830

Re: Iphone 4s on contract, updated to ISO6 and now no 3g signal at all, just get E ..please help!!

[ Edited ]

Try turning your iPhone completely off for a few seconds and then back on.

And or Take out the sim and clean it.

you could try pressing the power button followed by the home button until the apple logo appears and let go respectively. This is like a virtual battery pull. 

Last resort would be a restore via iTunes.

It may not even be the update but a coincidence.

MacBook Air 11” Core i5 1.6GHz 4GB 128GB •1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5.

iPhone 5s ~iOS 7.1.2
iPad Air ~ iOS 7.1.2.

Support Uk O2 Jobs.
Mea familia est mea vita.
Please use plain text.
opium
Kudos: 153
Solutions: 183

Re: Iphone 4s on contract, updated to ISO6 and now no 3g signal at all, just get E ..please help!!

On your APN settings, try mobile.o2.co.uk instead of idata.o2.co.uk?

Also, check your signal at status.o2.co.uk ?

I do work for O2, however, anything I say here is my own view and does not represent that of Telefónica.
Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 199
Solutions: 2,706

Assuming you have 3G enabled in settings turn off remove and replace sim and try it again.
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
HTC One M7. Samsung ATIV s. Xperia Z1.
Please use plain text.
Ask a Question
Welcome