cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference on calls!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Can anyone please help? When myself & family members are making calls (we all have iphones, recently very new) whether it is to a landline or a mobile, regardless of who the mobile phone provider is, people cannot understand what we are saying, it's either 'garbled' or 'breaking up' or makes a terrible scrambling noise! This has happened occasionally before. However, this problem is become increasingly frequent to the point that it is having a serious effect - We are unable to make or receive calls to anybody, more importantly, to family when we want to and need to as 2 out of 3 times it is impossible to have a conversation with them. Also, when we do have a successful conversation with them, often, it will deteriorate at some point during the conversation & usually the call is cut off. Should they then try and ring me, it is not possible to connect. When this problem isn't apparent, calls are great and conversations are completely clear and concise.
We have tried rebooting the phones, going into another room, disabling wireless and bluetooth on the phones, none of it does any good.
This problem is causing so much frustration as we are missing important calls and also having to use the landline, therefore paying landline provider extra as well as paying contract! I have spoke to o2 on numerous occasions and they inform me everytime that the coverage in my area is excellent.
We have all got the Tugo app but this can be useless at times as it will only receive calls when you have no signal at all & we all have 2 bars of signal on our phones (so Tugo wont work!!)
Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know what causes this problem? Some one please help!!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

TuGo will work over wifi or over network signal. You can set it to pick up the calls simply by toggling 3G/4G on.

The app was updated yesterday so give it another go, nothing to lose.

Message 31 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

" We have all got the Tugo app but this can be useless at times as it will only receive calls when you have no signal at all & we all have 2 bars of signal on our phones (so Tugo wont work!!)"

I think there is nothing wrong with Tugo,based on this. The Op may just need a bit more inf about how to use it.... ( @jonsie )

The info I posted was given to me by someone with an iPhone and he often uses Tugo in the manner I described...(re airplane mode) ... he has no problems ...and it was a suggestion made in order to help the Op..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes a signal may be showing on the phone but it is not possible to receive a call. I have this issue at home when on all network setting.

Upstairs I can get 4g data. But then I can't make our receive a call or text. So I have to toggle to 2g only. I am told this is because there is no 4g in my area (even though I get 30mb on it when I can see it). The problem is that the 3g signal is limited.

So the OP may see 2 bars @Anonymous but not be able to make a call. In this scenario TuGo will also not work so the call just disconnects. Hence why I removed TuGo.
Message 33 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have to have a play with TUgo myself...My understanding was that you could be signed in on different devices and one of them should be able to pick up or make the call, i.e., if there is no coverage you could pick up trough the app as long as there is a wifi connection.... @jonsie I'm having a brain melt down now! Can you clarify?

Message 34 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
There should be at least some coverage. If you are on 2G it will come up on the iPhone as gprs or at best E
Message 35 of 38

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If I have TuGo enabled on the wifi only tablet and disabIed on the phone i get calls through both the tablet and phone and can answer either. Same with o/g calls.

Message 36 of 38

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

This from a very trusted friend who knows his iPhone stuff :

1 as you are having what looks like signal interferance tugo will have the same issue over mobile data.
2 try the advice to go into airplane mode on the iphone and then enable wifi. This will disable all mobile frequencies and eleminate the interferance .
3 fire up tugo and it should work fine as infinity has the bandwith required.
4 when you leave the house turn airplan mode off and you will reconnect to the mobile network.
5 then try to find what is causing the localised interference. 

Message 37 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

So it does work like I though! And it makes sense with the problems the Op is having!

This is way I like to try everything first ,before I give advice to others!Confused

Message 38 of 38