cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference on calls!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Can anyone please help? When myself & family members are making calls (we all have iphones, recently very new) whether it is to a landline or a mobile, regardless of who the mobile phone provider is, people cannot understand what we are saying, it's either 'garbled' or 'breaking up' or makes a terrible scrambling noise! This has happened occasionally before. However, this problem is become increasingly frequent to the point that it is having a serious effect - We are unable to make or receive calls to anybody, more importantly, to family when we want to and need to as 2 out of 3 times it is impossible to have a conversation with them. Also, when we do have a successful conversation with them, often, it will deteriorate at some point during the conversation & usually the call is cut off. Should they then try and ring me, it is not possible to connect. When this problem isn't apparent, calls are great and conversations are completely clear and concise.
We have tried rebooting the phones, going into another room, disabling wireless and bluetooth on the phones, none of it does any good.
This problem is causing so much frustration as we are missing important calls and also having to use the landline, therefore paying landline provider extra as well as paying contract! I have spoke to o2 on numerous occasions and they inform me everytime that the coverage in my area is excellent.
We have all got the Tugo app but this can be useless at times as it will only receive calls when you have no signal at all & we all have 2 bars of signal on our phones (so Tugo wont work!!)
Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know what causes this problem? Some one please help!!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If i turn 4g off, it automatically goes to 3g, so how do i go to 2g? I can't see any option on my phone.

I will leave @Anonymous to answer that...as he has an iphone wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to settings>mobile>enable 4G turn that toggle off
Message 12 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what i get everytime. Does this mean its not the 4G??

Our network is currently working fine

If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.
Updated 22:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
Good indoors and outdoors.

Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

Message 13 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I will turn off my 4G all day tomorrow while at home & see if that makes a difference.

Message 14 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like your signal is fine then, all I can suggest is try a full restore via iTunes to see if that solves it.

If that doesn't then you will need to make an appointment with an apple representative at your nearest Genius Bar to get it looked at

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
Message 15 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then it shouldn't be signal and to be honest turning 4g off shouldn't make any difference but try it anyway to rule it out.
Message 16 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I think i'll have to do that. I've tried everything now & no-one seems to have a clue why this is happening! I even got onto BT because it got worse when i changed to BT Infinity in January, but I have been told by lots of people that this won't affect a mobile, even though o2 said thats the cause!! Don't know

Message 17 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is it the same if you go and make a call outside in open space?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have been advised that this is more than likely to be a network issue. It is happening to all of you in the same location and all using iPhones. (You can only toggle back to 3G incidentally)..

If you have done this along with the usual resets and the problem still persists you have to report it via the contact us link already given...or via the My Network app...Hope you get it sorted soon:smileywink:

Incidentally re the Tugo issue have you tried toggling to airplane mode then turn Wifi back on?  This usually allows Tugo to work at home.:smileywink:

(Credit to Adam Temperton for this advice)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you either switch the wireless of on your BT router or switch the hub completely off and see how your phones behave? If the problem goes away then it will be the frequency used by the new hub that is causing the issue, if not then nothing to do with it and it needs to be looked at by network services.

A few things you need to do before: step just outside the house and see if the problem persists,if it's affecting all your numbers, if possible,ask your neighbours if they are having the same issues.

Message 20 of 38