cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase time the iPhone rings before diverting to Voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2's FAQ for iPhone has the following topic:

"Can I increase the length of time the iPhone rings before diverting to voicemail?

Yes, just like any other handset you can change the length of time the iPhone rings before diverting to voicemail by entering **61*901*NN# SEND (NN is the number of seconds in increments of 5 and a maximum of 30 seconds)."

This code is incorrect. It should be "**61*901*11*NN# SEND"

Hope this helps anyone.
Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for that quick response, watching iRobot, every #### thing is "i" something now.

Al.
Message 11 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
grin Thanks this has been driving my wife mad on her phone.
Message 12 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just dial 1760 and that will turn off voicemail. Its a free call. Call 1750 if you want to turn it back on. slight_smile

Ahh steve.. you forgot the poor forgotten call alert service. Dial 1710 from your phone. That turns your voicemail off then turns on a text alert service. Whenever you miss a call if your phone is off for example, you'll have a text waiting for you to let you know who it was.
Message 13 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi to all...
I am new here my name is Allen and i have new i phone...
Thanks for sharing tip...
Message 14 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jdwilsh... Thanks for the tip about turning off voicemail. You say o2 will send you a text with your missed calls? Is this done after every call even if your phone is switched on?

Also have you any idea how long iPhone will ring for before cutting off (with voicemail turned off)

thanks for your help!
Message 15 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Magic code is great but where on earth do you enter it? Is it on phone keypad, a text message or a code you enter after dialling 901 or something else entirely?

O2's FAQ for iPhone has the following topic:
"Can I increase the length of time the iPhone rings before diverting to voicemail?

Yes, just like any other handset you can change the length of time the iPhone rings before diverting to voicemail by entering **61*901*NN# SEND (NN is the number of seconds in increments of 5 and a maximum of 30 seconds)."
This code is incorrect. It should be "**61*901*11*NN# SEND"
Hope this helps anyone.
Message 16 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
type it in using the keypad as if you was dialing a number to call
Message 17 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
finally got it to work. You have to use 5 second increments of seconds. ie 25 not 29 which is what I tried to start & got a completely uninformative error message.
Message 18 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
The code **61*901*11*NN# sort of worked for me, but does not seem to extend the number of rings to more than 6 or 7. I tried entering 20 seconds and 30 seconds, and still only got 6 or 7 rings. However, I think this is to do with the delay between the caller getting the ringing tone, and the mobile phone actually ringing. With NN set to 30 seconds, as a caller to my own mobile I got 30 seconds of ringing before it went to voicemail, but the phone itself only rang for 20 seconds (7 rings, preceeded by the vibrator going off). Still, 7 rings is far, far better than the measly default three rings, which made me miss so many calls.
By the way, does anyone know what you actually are setting if you miss out the 11 from the code (as per the post at the top of this trail of posts)? I accidentally did that first, and set NN to 20. I got a message that I had successfully set "Sync data circuit call forwarding when unanswered", "Async data circuit call forwarding when unanswered" and "Packet access call forwarding when unanswered". What does this mean in practise? What is the default setting for me to set it back to?
Message 19 of 49

fourqtwo
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I use ##61# Divert on No Answer which give a longer ring time and ##02# to cancel.
These work fine for me rather than the **61*901*11*NN# grin
It is important, when your technical equipment is not the best, to believe there will always be a better race; that is a part of my motivation. Ayrton Senna
fourqtwo (formerly cis01 until username became 'inactive')
Message 20 of 49