cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6/6+ first impressions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Come on lots of people got em are they any good?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

McGrath1982
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 49 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm loving mine lol coming from the 5s to the iPhone 6 it's the screen for me you can really tell the diffrence. I got the gold version and 64gb happy so far.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure we'll see more reviews once the owners have had a chance to have a play with them. wink
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have just received a batch of iPhone 6 16GB handsets where i work.

The handsets look absolutely stunning and the new screen size is excellent.

Upon starting up the handset, the excitment soon disappears and you soon realise "oh its exactly the same as the previous iPhone updated to iOS 8".

Im certainly not an Android fanboy but when Apple release these super expensive handsets and the spec remains 2 years behind other brands, i cant help feel a little sorry for the people buying them.

Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just picked up my iPhone 6 and its a great size and looks and feels nice. I held a 6 plus in the Apple Store and although it has a nice screen it's pretty big for me and you def need 2 hands to do stuff so pleased I just went for the 6 slight_smile
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got to chuckle at the people who marvel at the screen size...

It's almost like they've completely failed to register any Android/WP handset for the past 3-4 years.. That being said, there are a lot of Apple fans out there who completely fail to acknowledge anything outside of Cupertino, so the 4.7/5.5 inch screens are like some kind of technological marvel...

My 6 plus arrives in a few weeks. I pre-ordered it through Apple but, because I wasn't one of the people who stayed up all night frantically refreshing the Apple Store site, I didn't get the first batch. I haven't lost any sleep over it yet wink

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been into my Apple Store and had a long play with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

If you've not held a 6 Plus and been used to 4" iPhone screen sizes then are going to be surprised.

Both feel thin and light and snappy. I've been using iOS 8 since yesterday so nothing new there.

When it comes time to buy one sim free from Apple it's going to be a difficult decision.

The plus is just so big !
Message 7 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got to chuckle at the people who marvel at the screen size...

It's almost like they've completely failed to register any Android/WP handset for the past 3-4 years.. That being said, there are a lot of Apple fans out there who completely fail to acknowledge anything outside of Cupertino, so the 4.7/5.5 inch screens are like some kind of technological marvel...

My 6 plus arrives in a few weeks. I pre-ordered it through Apple but, because I wasn't one of the people who stayed up all night frantically refreshing the Apple Store site, I didn't get the first batch. I haven't lost any sleep over it yet wink

I like your attitude...a breath of fresh air Cheers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The plus is just so big !

It really is, it felt less easier to hold too for me. The texture of the back (or lack of) made it feel less "grippy" than the 6. 

Amazing display tho.

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree the display is crisp. Must be the higher spec Apple threw into it.

It is slippy so a case in my opinion is needed to add grip to it.

The iPhone 6 was nice to hold too but the 6 plus feels more premium.

Decisions , decisions.
Message 10 of 21