cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate 02

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rubbish signal always something wrong with it, don't tell you about discount or offers, charge for anything they can, staffs not helpful at all, ever year the charges goes higher and higher and finally always something wrong with the phones in term of the device itself and operator
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum. Sorry you aren't having a good experience with O2 and you could, if you wish put in a complaint about poor service http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

You could also check this thread about network issues https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M5983

If you wish to leave there is some advice about cancelling your contract https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum. Sorry you aren't having a good experience with O2 and you could, if you wish put in a complaint about poor service http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

You could also check this thread about network issues https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M5983

If you wish to leave there is some advice about cancelling your contract https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous Welcome to the forum, if you can elaborate on any of the issues you are experiencing others members of the forum may be able to help / offer advice.

Unfortunately this is a customer to customer forum so you are unlikely to receive a response from O2
Message 3 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Rubbish signal always something wrong with it,
If I were you I'd check other providers.
don't tell you about discount or offers,
How do you mean?, every o2 store has a board outside with 2 offers each week, and the site has an alternating banner with offers on it. Discounts are through employers with relations to o2 and is up to them to inform you of such perks.
charge for anything they can,
Rule 1 of business: make money where you can.
staffs not helpful at all,
Not my experience 
ever year the charges goes higher and higher
...as told when contract taken out
and finally always something wrong with the phones in term of the device itself
O2 don't make phones
...and operator
Covered by point 1

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Train your staffs then because I told them I was student but they still charged me full price. And in term of signal it's been over 4 years you guys have been saying you're trying to fix the problem even at my house I have no signal the only reason I stayed with you guys its because I thought when you change the operator you had to change numbers too and it's because your staffs told me that. How about hidden fees or extra money to pay every year no one told me and how can you charge more money if the service doesn't improve personally I don't see what you guys have done to improve your services or products
Also I know you guys don't make phones but i had to change my iPhone 3 times because of the signal
Do you guys test your products and services before selling to people because it doesn't look like it you guys should check if it's compatible what's the point of saying you guys serve quality if it doesn't work
Message 5 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Head slight_smile

Just so that you know, most members here on the community as customers just like yourself, but I'm part of the O2 team , so please feel free to send me a private message and we'll have a chat about the stuff you're not happy about.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
This is a customer to customer forum.
Regarding your first point, some devices aren't applicable for the discounts, these are recently released iPhones and some other high end handsets.
Regarding your signal, you can keep your number if you switch, you simply request your PAC and give it to the new supplier to transfer the number.
The hidden price rises are mentioned twice before a new contract is connected or upgraded, o2 also send you a text and email in February breaking down the cost rise.
O2 do test firmwares for some devices but unfortunately apple do not allow this and retain all control over their OS deployment. Unfortunately apple are to blame over incompatibilities.
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

iPhones aren't to blame for signal. That would be down to a faulty mast or sim

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

iPhones aren't to blame for signal. That would be down to a faulty mast or sim

I have heard it mentioned before about iPhone's signal or kicking you off of 3G/4G in a perfectly good coverage area, and onto EDGE or GPRS. I too experienced this issue when I was with O2.

But I blame O2 for this issue, has I have not experienced this behaviour since moving to another network.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Rubbish signal always something wrong with it, don't tell you about discount or offers, charge for anything they can, staffs not helpful at all, ever year the charges goes higher and higher and finally always something wrong with the phones in term of the device itself and operator

To be fair, most if not all mobile networks put their prices up around March, April every year due to the RPI (retail price increase).

But with a rubbish signal, I would first make sure your phone is unlocked and if it is, I would buy a pay and go sim for another network, and try them out for a few weeks, in the areas you use your phone the most, to see how they compare.

This is exactly what I done last year, as I was fed up with patchy 3G coverage, lack of 4G coverage and lastly the borderline unusable slow data speeds I was getting with O2. I tried out Three and EE. But found EE were the best in my area.

Message 10 of 13