cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer number from lost phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently lost my iPhone 4(pay&go) and replaced it with an iPhone 5. I am unsure as to how I can transfer my old number, from the iPhone 4 sim to my new phone as I need that number. Is there anyway I can do this?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will need to contact CS on 4445 or live chat (if you are brave ;)) and they will transfer the number for you.
You will also need a new sim card which CS can send out to you in the post or you can pick one up in an O2 store if you don't have one already.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will need to contact CS on 4445 or live chat (if you are brave ;)) and they will transfer the number for you.
You will also need a new sim card which CS can send out to you in the post or you can pick one up in an O2 store if you don't have one already.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not live chat. For your own sanity
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you still have the original sim because if you've lost the sim as well, I think O2 will have to bar it to stop anyone making calls or texts on your account until you get your number transferred? Possibly @MI5 or @jonsie can enlighten or confirm what I think
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you still have the original sim because if you've lost the sim as well, I think O2 will have to bar it to stop anyone making calls or texts on your account until you get your number transferred? Possibly @MI5 or @jonsie can enlighten or confirm what I think

Yes, if the loss was reported to O2 they would most likely have blocked the account which CS can lift at the request of the account holder.....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for clarifying @MI5
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may be also be able to send a command to the lost iPhone to lock and wipe it , put it in lost mode and perhaps locate it.

Link ->

https://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/find/

Tip : if you have iCloud Backups then you can re download this content back onto your new iPhone.

Help Link ->

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/icloud/backup/
Message 8 of 8