O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
rob25255

the 020 etc free to 0800 numbers explained

Guys and grom what I can see from my constant balance and spend check dialling this number before being prompted to type in the 0800 one will show up and be used as part of your allocated allowance but nut be charged at all providing you still have free mins left. Im not sure what the price is outside your allowance but imagine that they treat it the same as a uk local/national number ie still a lot cheaper than the 20p a minute by calling 0800 to most numbers without using this number first.

Hope that clarifies things a bit

Rob
Thanks Rob
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
dave45

free 0800 numbers

I was told recently by o2 support that 0800 numbers are free if you don't dial the first 0, just dial 800 followed by your number.

It's easy to test this by checking your account after calling an 0800 number.

Dave
Please use plain text.
fluffy

How to call 0800 numbers FREE from your mobile....

only some 0800 numbers are free, if you dial them the first thing it says is this call is chargeable

it depends on the company that is providing the forwarding service, some of them are charged, some arent and it goes by the company not the number

:womanindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
jimthing0

Yep works :-)

Just checked my online recent charges, and this number is treated as inclusive of your monthly allowance.
So use it without worry :smileyhappy: -- freephone that actually IS freephone for a change.

This doesn't cost 02 anything to allow to work anyway, so hopefully they won't change this. But I'd still keep an eye on your bills in future to make sure this is the case folks.

...just need one for those sodding 0870/0871/0845/0844 now. Anyone ?

I thought I heard/read somewhere that Ofcom were supposed to be questioning this practice of not including 08 numbers in mobile call plans, whether freephone ones or otherwise?
We get them included with landlines --my Virgin Media includes them in my plan, for example-- so isn't it about time we move into the 21st century and stop being charged extra when many of us have loads of inclusive minutes left at the end of the month, yet still have to pay for these 08 extra's on top!
Oligopoly in the mobile phone industry really shouldn't be allowed by Ofcom, or even further into EU policy either, as not one of the mobile providers have a single plan that includes 08's. Other countries do not follow similar policy, so why not the UK?

(...and relax. I'll get of my soapbox, before this message gets deleted :smileywink: )
List – Apple case/screen protector brands. / • WARNING: FaceTime/iMessage set-up conflict.
Usefull Links for new iphone users. / • FAQs: Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.).

Mac OS: MacBook Pro 17" (unibody) / MacBook Air (unibody) / Mac Mini (unibody).
iOS: iPhone 5S: gold, 64GB / iPad (4th gen): black, 32GB / iPad Mini: black, 64GB / Apple TV (3rd gen).
Yes, I like Apple's device vertical integration, but am no fanboi – I prefer to keep my critical eyes firmly open.
Please use plain text.
dj7402

Just tried this method on my Pay as you go, not free at all,
Please use plain text.
Dragon

as the last post before yours states, it uses inclusive balance rather than instantly charging, and unless you've got a PAYG bolton giving you some inclusive time, then it wouldn't be.
Please use plain text.
gardenerb

I have checked on o2 by leaving off 0 and dialing 800 for freephone (Eon) but it dose not work for me will try 020 no and report back
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
mitchja

That 020 number does work for 0800 numbers and just comes off your normal allowance.
Please use plain text.
gardenerb

Just og to saynoto0870.com IT WORKS
Please use plain text.
gardenerb

Sorry should be go not og TIRED :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.