cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to transfer number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, could someone tell me how long before my existing number with gif gaf is transfered to my new nano sim in my iphone 6? I have a temporary number at the moment and was told it could take up to 48hrs. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience when joining 02 and transfering there number? Many thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pac help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Speak to your old network to ensure all is happening as it should and speak to O2 Customer Services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You should have been emailed a port in date when you applied for the transfer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pac help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Speak to your old network to ensure all is happening as it should and speak to O2 Customer Services
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please be aware that ports never take place over the weekend so if it hasnt happened by 6pm today you'll have to wait till Monday.

If you find on Monday that your port has still not been successful, ring Giff Gaff and ask them to resend the porting files. Normally customer services have never heard of porting files so be prepared stand your ground and speak to a manager.

In the meantime, keep your new handset turned off and keep restarting your old handset. This can sometimes help push the port through.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As you can't actually speak to giffgaff you'd be best calling 202 and speaking to O2 CS to see if there are any notes on your account about the port.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right ok, thanks everyone. I can't help but to play with my new phone instead of keepinig it off, everything is now on there ready as restored on itunes just waiting for my number to transfer. In store this morning they used the PAC code and said it can take up to 48hrs and I have a temporary number. I will keep restarting old phone and see if that pushes it through. If not happened by Monday I will call 02 as Gif Gaf are a nightmare for communicating. Lets hope it is transfered by Monday so I can use my shiny iphone properly. Thanks again for the advice slight_smile

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you only asked for the port this morning it will be Tuesday at the earliest. Just use the phone on your temp number for now, it won't make any difference.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks, I'll wait till then before chasing, hopefully will be a smooth port.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck and enjoy your new iPhone.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
99% of them go without a hitch.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10