Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Add Reminders?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have never used the reminders section before but I thought I'd give it a go to save me clogging up my Notes menu.

I added a few reminders and clicked done and they saved.  However, I missed one off and when I tried to add a new one, it won't let me.  I only have options to delete my reminders or edit an existing reminder.

And before you suggest, I have already tried to add new reminders the way I did in the first place, but again it won't let me.

I'm sure it is a simple thing to do but for the life of me I haven't got a clue.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

@Anonymous you are a machine! slight_smile

Thanks Toby lol.

Message 11 of 23

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thank you for the video @Anonymous 

I know how to add the reminders when there are none already there, I have done what is shown in your video.

However my problem is if I add 2 reminders and want to add a 3rd, I am unable to add to it.  The only way I can get the + to add them is to delete all of the reminders and start again.

Message 12 of 23

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thank you for the link @Bambino but from what I have read, that doesn't tell me how I can add reminders to a list that I already have.  😞

Message 13 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If you can't find what you're looking for online, I suggest you book a Genius appointment in an Apple store then, and let someone there show you how to do it.

Barring that, I'm not an Apple person, but I've just looked in Google Play and there are hundreds of reminder apps. I would imagine the same holds true in the Apple App Store. If you're not getting on with the stock Apple reminder app, you have choices. Here's a link: http://www.imore.com/tag/best-reminder-apps-iphone

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning @gemz4the1

This is what I do.

Open up the reminder app.

Tap on the already created reminder and an exclamation mark will show up in the far right of the screen.

Tap in that.

Tap on the reminder and your keyboard will pop up and then add anything extra you want to be reminded about.
Message 15 of 23

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks @Bambino i may have a look at the other apps available.

@Anonymous I cam get to the point where I tap the reminder and the keyboard appears, but when I try to add another reminder it won't let me 😞

Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
No you can't add two separate reminders into one reminder created if that makes sense.

Ie I may set a reminder to remind me that I have a Drs appointment and then I can go back into that reminder and add another piece of text such as "Drs appointment and Diabetic Nurse.

This is as long as they are both on the same day etc.
Message 17 of 23

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I added the reminders and clicked done. I forgot about one reminder so I tried to add another to the same group.  It will only let me edit or delete the ones that I had already added.

I watched the video that was posted and I had already done that. 

Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

apologies in advance if this is useless, but I found this...( not an iphone user and not familiar with that app ) http://www.everythingicafe.com/create-reminders-iphone-ipad/

Any good?

Message 20 of 23