cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need help.

I am thinking about getting an IPad but I was wondering if I can add it on to my current contract with O2 and if the insurance that I have for my phone will also cover the iPad?

Thank you and I hope to hear from someone very very soon.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122365 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  Welcome to the forum

As I understand it you can have more than one contract with O2 (some people on here have 3) but you can't add a new device to an existing contract.

You would have to take out a new contract for the iPad and possibly undergo another credit check.

As for your insurance cover....you will need to contact your insurer to ask. Some insurers cover multiple devices.... but you need to check with them (and add any additional device to their records if necessary)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can download the Tu Go App (and put up with some niggles) - you just use the iPad as though it is your phone (the sme number - two devices). No need to get another contract. Presumably the insurance will be an add on (though methinks the coop bank have something...)
Message 3 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I need help.

I am thinking about getting an IPad 

Luckily, acceptance is the first stage of recovery.

Be strong.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think the OP is meaning purchasing the ipad via O2 which would entail taking out a new contract and seperate insurance.

Message 5 of 5