O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 1: Joiner
rachael_gregson

Help!My sent texts aren't being received (from one number on

I'm really confused, and need help at least figuring out which phone has the problem. Until yesterday afternoon, all my texts were successfully sending to the person I text the most (both of us are on O2). Then all of a sudden, for all of yesterday evening/night/today, my texts are being sent (I'm being charged for them) but he's not receiving any of them.

If I text anyone else, they receive my texts, and I have no problem receiving texts from HIS number. As for his phone, he's receiving texts from other people but only not from me. As i'm being charged and my phone is working for other people, I don't know if this a problem with my phone or his. Obviously his phone is the same - works for everyone else both ways except for receiving mine.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I'd be less confused if there was a problem with all my texts but it's the fact it's just for one particular number that worked perfectly well before :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
davidmcg888

Hey

I'm having the exact same problem, but i'm the phone that isn't recieving the messages. It's very very annoying!

Exactly the same though, its the person that i text the most, i'm not sure if thats a coincidence or not?

P.S - i've also figured out that its my phone (the recieving phone) that seems to have a problem. I've signed up to Bluebook, and this seems to be receiving the messages, they just arent making it to my phone :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Iphone_uk

I had a delay for the most part of last week on text's. They were on BlueBook but it took awhile for my mates to get some text's, which is a pain in text convo's, but it's cleared up now, though was happening to me around 1am onwards... :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
neo680

it took awhile for my mates to get some text's, , though was happening to me around 1am onwards... :smileyindifferent:

If my mates were sending me texts after "1 a.m. onwards" would hope that they weren't coming through! :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Level 4: Observant
rossmck

it took awhile for my mates to get some text's, , though was happening to me around 1am onwards... :smileyindifferent:

If my mates were sending me texts after "1 a.m. onwards" would hope that they weren't coming through! :smileywink:

Isn't that little physical silent switch a wonderful addition :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
neo680

Isn't that little physical silent switch a wonderful addition :smileyhappy:

Ok, smarta**e, yet again, as a result of your ramblings, sorry, posts, Neo's learnt something!

I automatically assumed that if the iPhone was switched across to silent the alarm wouldn't work. As a result of the above, I tried it & yes it still does! :robotsurprised:

(And only joking about the smarta**e bit, obviously! But then,....... :womanindifferent: )
Please use plain text.
davidmcg888

EURIKA! (:-P)

ok, this may sound stupid... but i've just figured my problem out!

I had accidentally put the number on my blocklist... i didnt realise it was as easy as clicking it by mistake when i was reading one of my messages.

all i done to solve it was headed into my message settings and found my blocked numbers.... and the number was there. so i deleted it and everythings working now!

hope this helps you too :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
CupCake

texts not being received

i have the same problem :smileysad:
but i also have no idea how to check if i have blocked his number...

i text him the most and ever since a few nights ago my texts to him have stopped being receieved randomly, i can still text every1 else as normal. :robotindifferent:

but its important i keep in contact with him can any1 help please :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
davidmcg888

Hi,

I had the same problem (as you can see up there :smileyhappy:) but i got it sorted out. Turns out it was my fault! I did end up blocking the number

Each phone'll be different for finding your blocklist, but hopefully this'll help-

I go into my messages --> settings --> text messages --> block list.

Then, cleared the number from my blocklist and that was me sorted :smileyhappy:

If your phone isnt the same, just go a search through the text message options or maybe in the settings.

Really hope this helps, i know how annoying it is to have this problem! :smileyvery-happy:

David
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 168
Solutions: 1,869

This happens a lot with text...its so easy to block a number by mistake especially on samsung :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.