cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone pre-ordered from Apple for in store pick up before?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Has anyone pre-ordered from Apple for in store pick up before?

It's the first time I have bought direct from Apple. I have a 'Check-in window' of 08:00-08:15 and was wondering do I just get there at 8, walk straight in and get my phone or will I have to get there early and queue up?

iporder.jpg

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm fretting over it getting scratched

http://www.otterbox.co.uk/en-gb/iphone-7?scid=OB-EU-UK-TSA-cpc-19046&gclid=COH887nWjs8CFQnqGQodOfwIOQ&gclsrc=ds

The otterboxes do offer great protection but are way to bulky! Kinda defeats the point of having such a slim phone. I have gone for the Apple leather case, as that's what I have on my iPhone 6 and it's done ok, so I'm going to try one of those and see how I go! 

Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the delay in updating!

So as I said before, I decided to not upgrade via O2 and go direct to Apple. As soon as pre-order opened I ordered for in-store pick up at 08:00 on the day of launch.

I found out from the Apple forums that they were not allowing any walk-ins  on launch day so IO took a punt and arrived at 7:45am to find a queue of a whole three people, with the Apple Store laying on free Starbuck coffee.

By 8:10 I was walking out of the Apple store with my Jet Black phone.

After seeing the trouble some people on here have had, and are still having, with O2 delivering their phones, I am so glad I went direct. 

Message 12 of 12