cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged for o2 texts when i'm on Unlimited

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
   On tuesday, my iphone 4 started charging me 12p when i texted certain o2 customers, even though i am on both O2 UNLIMITED and i have the WEB ALLROUNDER bolt on. I have had this phone for about 3 weeks. I used the online chat service first, on tuesday evening. They asked me to change any numbers with the 44 prefix to 07, which i did (even though i had no problems with these numbers prior to that). I placed my sim back into my old phone, and i'm able to text these numbers free of charge.

Since i was unable to solve the problem online, i went to my local o2 shop. They said it was a billing issue and that i have to contact customer services.

I went online today, again. I told them the situation. They asked for the numbers. I gave them. They said that i wasn't been charged for texts to them, but i am. I tried resetting the iphone, but its still the same.

I'm getting really fed up with not being able to get an answer.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I remember some time ago playing holy hell with the customer service online chat 02 assistant as my payg credit had gone down.

How was i to know sending a business card by text was classed as a mss message !

But they still refunded the credit back to me.

Challenge each charge and see what 02 do.

slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
So is it working ok now or not?:/

Best bet is to ask what your txt charges are for if they can't give a valid explanation ask them to remove the charges or credit your account.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All my numbers in my phonebook start +44 and I don't get charged for texting them, so this just sounds like an excuse cause they don't know what the problem is....
As above, if they can't justify the reason (correctly) demand a refund and escalate it if you have to....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've stopped using my iphone and resorted back to my ericsson, since i'm f****d off constantly being charged, when i have no reason to be (been using my ericsson all evening, and (rightfully) havn't been charged. I'm gonna try once more to wipe every known trace off my iphone, and failing that, i dont know what to do? I'm disappointed with the responses i've got from o2, since, given the size of the company, i surely can't be the 1st case. If all else fails, i'll just move networks.

Do any of you know of a similar case?

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I remember some time ago playing holy hell with the customer service online chat 02 assistant as my payg credit had gone down.

How was i to know sending a business card by text was classed as a mss message !

But they still refunded the credit back to me.

Challenge each charge and see what 02 do.

slight_smile
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am being charged for sending texts to my daughter. We live in the same house both have o2 mobiles and I pay both bills. We have unlimited texts and only ever send her short messages with no smiley faces  or photo's. Her number starts with 07 but on my bill it says it starts with 007. According to o2 numbers that start with 007 are special numbers and are chargable. At no time has her phone number started with 007. On o2 live chat we were asked to delete the number and re enter it. I did that and made sure that it started with 07 and even took a photo of it in the contacts list to prove it. I don't remeber phone numbers so I always use the contact list to make a phone call that way there is no chance of mis dialing.  It didn't make a blind bit of difference as on the next bill I was charged again as having used a 007 special number. I contacted them again and they seem unable to figure out what is going on.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
CS need to figure it out. If they can't you need to make a complaint.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 8