cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geek squad in CPW

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if the Geek squad in CPW will install screen protectors for you? Looking to purchase a Zagg shield and seeing as you only get the one and it's pricy just want it to be done for me, failed an amount of times today at home myself!
Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck.

Go into your shower room and run it until it's steamy to dampen down the dust particles and look up on YouTube the 'Hinge Method'

I always use that method which gives me the best results.
Message 11 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable

and then get a bag of rice ?!LOL

Message 12 of 65

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Good luck @Anonymous Mexican Wave

Message 13 of 65

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Taking your phone into a steamy shower room would most likely trip the moisture indicators rendering your warranty instantly void 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 65

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Taking your phone into a steamy shower room would most likely trip the moisture indicators rendering your warranty instantly void 😞

http://store.apple.com/us/question/answers/iphone/is-the-iphone-6-waterproof/QX7TAD7CJCDFA2H47

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/973853

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's advice I've taken from many a tutorial with no determental effect over the years.

Of course once the steam has damped down dust particles you don't keep it on. It's run well before you enter the room ,and start affixing the shield and not continued to run during either.
Message 16 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://m.wikihow.com/Apply-a-Screen-Protector

"Use any method to get steam in a room. Running a hot shower works well, which fills the room with steam. When the steam has subsided, there will be less dust in the air than usual. This is the best time to apply the screen protector."
Message 17 of 65

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I've offered my opinion on the subject and am not going to enter into any further discussion.
In my opinion it is poor advice that could lead to further trouble in the future.
Anyone doing this should be aware of the potential risks and know that I do not recommend it as a course of action.
A ball of Sellotape patted lightly over the screen will remove any dust particles without any risk of moisture exposure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 65

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I've offered my opinion on the subject and am not going to enter into any further discussion.
In my opinion it is poor advice that could lead to further trouble in the future.
Anyone doing this should be aware of the potential risks and know that I do not recommend it as a course of action.
A ball of Sellotape patted lightly over the screen will remove any dust particles without any risk of moisture exposure.

I totally agree, and I doubt whether any professional working for Apple would advise using that method either. If @Anonymous chose to use that method, and her phone suffered water damage, which would void any warranty by O2 or Apple, I guess she'd know where to send the bill.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys.

Opinions and advice is what we are all here to provide.

A Google search throws up lots of ways to affix these shields.

It's then up to the person seeking said opinions and advice on which to follow or find their own way. 😄
Message 20 of 65