cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated!! Full strength bars and still can't get connect to network!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Advice Please.  I don't know whether it's O2 or iphone issues.

I often have trouble downloading emails or connecting to internet even though I can have full signal strength showing but cannot get online.

It happens everywhere.  I have tried my sim in other phones, so it's not a faulty sim or handset.  So I don't know whether O2's network is just rubbish or whether it's a combination of poor O2 service and iphone performance.

Anybody able to offer their input.  I travelled from York to Glasgow on the train today and for the full train journey I couldn't even send a text - wtf!!!

Seriously p'd off.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If mobile.o2.co.uk gives you service it means you have the wrong data bolt on so you should call CS to get it changed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted customer services and says my APN is idata.o2.co.uk and that's what my phone says.  I can't work out why it's so bad.  Other people seem to be able to make calls and get online, so why can't I??

Message 12 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Are we talking 3g or 4g?
The o2 3g network is severely congested and oversubscribed at the moment, but updates are rolling out.
I would also get a sim swap to rule that out as an issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilarious.  I did the 'live chat' with a GURU who, after I explained my problems, told my to switch my phone off, remove sim then put back in and switch phone  on and assured me my problems would be fixed.

Now why didn't I think of that!!   Poor show O2.

Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

3G.  It didn't seem to matter if I switched it to 4G.

Message 15 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, so side by side with 2 O2 phones, does the other work better than yours?

Currently using:
Message 16 of 23

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Although I am unable to help with your issue, I sympathise with you @Anonymous

My daily journey to and from work is ruined by poor signal. 

Sometimes when I have full bars, my data doesn't work so I have to resort to either being stuck on the same browser page and reading extremely slowly, or listening to music. Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue happens in Chester, Stafford and occasionally at Cheshire Oaks.

This is my last 12 months with O2 as it has to have the flakiest 3G & 4G in and around my home town.

What rubs salt in the wounds is I've had about 3 texts saying that they will be working on my local mast and may suffer some call and data downtime but once back up I will notice a better, stronger signal .......

Guess what?........ Absolutely no difference in signal quality or strength on every occasion.

It's just a poor service for something that's not the cheapest out there.

Message 18 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We are seeing this more and more and until every area is upgraded people need to look at other options out there. We pay a fortune for smartphones but in many cases they can't perform the most basic of functions. 

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
And yet they still lie about expected coverage.
image.jpg
Message 20 of 23