cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well been to Apple shop today with my out of warranty faulty phone sent me to O2 shop as I'm still in contract with O2 (9month still left on my 2 year contract ) even though I've been with O2 for 7 year they want £200 for replacement phone just goes to show loyalty means jack **bleep** to this company hence when my contract is up for renewal I certainly won't be with O2 cheers thanks for nothing !
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Blame Apple for only providing a 12 month warranty. Buy any Android phone and you get 2 years.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

AllMyMoneyOTwo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Whats wrong with AppleCare....

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@AllMyMoneyOTwo wrote:

It's an additional cost, for one......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@AllMyMoneyOTwo wrote:

It's an additional cost, for one......

That about sums it up.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think it's lawful to tie anyone into a contract with a phone for a period that is not fully covered by a warranty. EU warranty (applicable in the UK but they try to ignore it) is a MINIMUM of 2 years. I have always asked O2 how long my phone warranty is for, and they've ALWAYS confirmed to me 2 years which is the duration of the contract. I'd have another go at them!
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think it's lawful to tie anyone into a contract with a phone for a period that is not fully covered by a warranty. EU warranty (applicable in the UK but they try to ignore it) is a MINIMUM of 2 years. I have always asked O2 how long my phone warranty is for, and they've ALWAYS confirmed to me 2 years which is the duration of the contract. I'd have another go at them!

All true apart from Apple phones. They have a one year warranty only....and then expect you to supplement it with an Apple care policy.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Take it far enough and I'm sure the law would rule in favour of a complaint. Why didn't Apple offer you an out of warranty replacement. i think they are available for around £149.

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
What you must remember is that Apple care + is more than extending the guarantee, it is also a two year insurance policy. So for £80 divided by 24 = £3.30 per month, your phone is covered for two years for breakdown and accidental damage. Does not seem a bad deal to me. How much is say O2 insurance?

I
Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I think the point the original poster @Anonymous was making...is that his iphone is 15 months old and is faulty. He obviously didnt choose Apple Care after the 12 months therefore his phone is useless unless he pays £200.

Some of us pointed out that IF he had a Samsung phone he would still be covered for a further 9 months of his contract..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14